Model Cars Magazine Forum

87-93 mustang LX coupe/Hatch

Darin,

Now that we have discussed the side windows, lets move on shall we?

The trunk lid, and rear window is wrong too!

(and so possibly is the angle at which they meet)! :D

IMG_4203-vi.jpg

Notice the band, between the trunk lid, and the rear window?

(highlighted in blue, now.)

Darinsmustang.jpg

That is correct for convertibles,

0744_12.JPG

9fa4_12.JPG

but NOT for the Notchbacks/Coupes.

The coupes only have a piece of window moulding there.

See?

bdd1_1.JPG

c830_3.JPG

Do your Reference pics include Notchbacks? B) (J/K!!)

If it makes you feel better, the Coupes and Convertibles do use the same trunk lid, though.

So, all is not completely lost.

But it would seem, that atleast one of your "measurements" would

have to be off, to include such a mistake??

Or maybe this is another one of those Compromises? B)

Either way it's not correct... HTH's

i'm a newcomer to the forum and very much much looking forward to this resin body being produced and it sad to see it now being reduced to this :angry: mr.bastedo is doing this off of his own blood, sweat and tears he's not a multimillion dollar corporation , this all reminds me of the AAR CUDA, just a while back when ,it was a letdown ,mr bastedo does not have access to the same tools as revell does ,would it be better for him to shelve it and for the rest of us to wait til god knows when for a model company to do one? doubt it! give him a break and like he said in a earlier post "it is not finished" let him finish then pass judgement.

Thanks for the Offer Andy

If we need to call for Back Up ..................

I'll call " Bobby D " :D

There's no need to call for "back-up", ...yet!! :D

It's feast or famine in this place. One side gives me no respect, and you give me too much.

Darin, I would think, and hope that you of all people

understand where I am coming from.

And even though I come off a bit harsh at times,

I do respect your work, even if I do feel the need to rib you about it. :D

Sorry !! :angry:

As I crawl through all the non-sense-

Darin I think the car is looking really good most people may be having a hard time looking at the red/white and that may be throwing some off , I on the other hand had a red car with some white parts that I had put on the car when I upgraded it(86-93) which may help me see through the color differences ;) .....Of course there will be some things that are slightly off right now since it's NOT Finished , which means Darin still has work to do

Bottom line I WILL BUY ONE when it comes out!!! and Iam on my 3rd 1:1 Mustang (86 upgraded to 93 hatchback GT,89 Convertible LX,2000 Mustang GT)

Darin thanks for all your hard work :angry:

Can't wait unti lI can buy this one!!!!

Just hope supply can keep up with demand- Don reserve a couple for me :lol:

Edited by white00gt

It should be pretty close. I'll be sending it off to Don with in the week, and then it is just a matter of getting it into the rubber, and making sure there are no problems with molds. It should be end of Dec. beginning of Jan. at the very latest.

Good to hear. I'll be waitin.....

• 3 weeks later...

this is killer as there is a HUGE amount of people that i know who are trying to find a accurate LX Mustang. but if you want a even larger group tool up one as a 79-86 coupe! i know it might take time to do the 79-82 front bumper and taillights and the 83-84 front bumper but the money shot would be the 85-86 front bumper! i don't think you would be able to keep em in stock! the car you've built looks great! good luck

this is killer as there is a HUGE amount of people that i know who are trying to find a accurate LX Mustang. but if you want a even larger group tool up one as a 79-86 coupe! i know it might take time to do the 79-82 front bumper and taillights and the 83-84 front bumper but the money shot would be the 85-86 front bumper! i don't think you would be able to keep em in stock! the car you've built looks great! good luck

Definitely... an '85-86 LX notchback would be great..then I could do a replica of the 1:1 I had back in the day..

Here's a pic from around 1990 when I had both my '87 GT and '86 LX (the LX was totalled in '94, still have the '87, stored now in the barn in the background of that pic along w/ my '69).

redandgraystangs-vi.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

• 1 month later...
I'm guessing by "4 eyed you mean 79-85 models. Yes I have thought of it. whether it gets done or not has to do with how well this one does.

Yes, sorry i meant a 79-86 mustang. I look forward to you posting when the car is available. I know of 10-15 people on a local car site that will be in line for one. I think this car will do just fine....thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Funny you should mention that, the 99-04 GT is on the to-do list. I'm currently doing the research on it. a bullit edition is on the slate too. the big question in my mind is should we do the rear suspension parts as well or let the modeler kitbash as the Cobra has the independent rear end.

I certainly don't need the suspension downgrade, but it should be optional for the buyer. I've always been lukewarm about the '99 Cobra kit, it looks nice but it's a model of a car that most enthusiasts would rather forget because Ford greatly overstated it's HP. It's hard to believe Revell let the kit sit and didn't make GT/Bullitt/Mach I or supercharged Cobra variations. But then they also ignored the LX 5.0 phenomenon from '87 to '93 too. I would assume they've had no trouble at all selling the '05-up Mustang. Let the resin pour!

Funny you should mention that, the 99-04 GT is on the to-do list. I'm currently doing the research on it. a bullit edition is on the slate too. the big question in my mind is should we do the rear suspension parts as well or let the modeler kitbash as the Cobra has the independent rear end.

Honestly IMO(of course who am I to say I'm not doing the hard work) I think do the suspension as well

let me know if you need anything I have a 00 GT and am always poking around the web for stuff would get you pics but I suck at taking pics

man I'm going to have to put in overtime to buy all these kits :lol: