Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Modelhaus' 1/25 1967 Cougar trans kit

Hi Everybody,

It's been a while since I've been on. I have my Cougar kit from The Modelhaus. I'm going to post some pictures of the Modelhaus Cougar so if anybody wants one within a 4 to 6 week time frame they can check it out. Thanks to all the modelers from the Richmond contest for your inputs. If there are any oversea buyers that would like a Cougar, I would give Modelhaus a try, you will not be disappointed.

Talk to you later.

Jim

Modelhaus box, 3-8-12001.jpg
Modelhaus kit, 3-8-12004.jpg
Modelhaus other parts, 3-8-12003.jpg

Being as I have dealt with Don, back in Dallas years ago, I wish we, ( I P M S Richmond ) had the clout to bring High end vendors like Model haus to the Old Dominion Open . I'm glad Lonewolf Custom Painting , Donn Yost could make it I think it lended a air of sophistication to the show Thanks again Donn !!!!!!!!!!!!! Ed Shaver

Hi Ed,

Your right about Mr. Yost being at the contest. I was so impressed by the paint jobs on his work that I bought the 2nd DVD. I did see a lot of great builds. I know this is not car related but how about the 1/35 scale Gato? Hope to come back in 2013.

One look at the pictures and you can get a pretty good idea of Modelhaus' product quality. :) They are a stand up company who have been giving modelers great stuff for many years.

Truth is, there are a lot of great aftermarket companies out there, but the not-so-good companies tend to be the ones we hear and read about the most, and have the most drama surrounding them here on the forum. Even though the good companies deserve more credit for doing what they do well, it's very telling when you look through the Resin section and see nothing but praise and compliments for companies like The Modelhaus, Replicas & Miniaures of Marlyland, Motor City Resin Casters, Morgan Automotive Detail, Missing Link, SMBC, Speed City Resin, Bandit Resins, Competition Resins, Fireball Modelworks, and many others. Then, look through the locked topics in this section and you can see who should be avoided.

:D Hi I get a lot of my kits and replacement parts from Don at Modelhaus great place to buy from and great parts and kits.I have 2 of the 67 Couger kits.He has the org hood from the kit so I cut the hood out on the kit and used the AMT 69 kit for the guts with a little sanding it all fits very nice and you can make it look like a kit.good luck on yours I hope to get some pics up on my 2 soon......Rick.

Cute sleeping ferrets. I had a female albino named Blondie for over 8 years, they do find strange places to sleep.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Ours are 3 years old now. They are spoiled little monkeys :D . They have free reign of the house, they do find strange places to sleep. We have a hunting trip every night to put them in their own room :huh: . I'm sure that Blondie had her way also :) . As you know they can get into everything and that is one of the reasons I'll not be building anything for a few years. I don't want to take a chance of them breathing any dust, fumes. Maybe, If I get a small work shop I could work on something. Talk to you later.

Jim

One look at the pictures and you can get a pretty good idea of Modelhaus' product quality. :) They are a stand up company who have been giving modelers great stuff for many years.

Truth is, there are a lot of great aftermarket companies out there, but the not-so-good companies tend to be the ones we hear and read about the most, and have the most drama surrounding them here on the forum. Even though the good companies deserve more credit for doing what they do well, it's very telling when you look through the Resin section and see nothing but praise and compliments for companies like The Modelhaus, Replicas & Miniaures of Marlyland, Motor City Resin Casters, Morgan Automotive Detail, Missing Link, SMBC, Speed City Resin, Bandit Resins, Competition Resins, Fireball Modelworks, and many others. Then, look through the locked topics in this section and you can see who should be avoided.

Hi Casey,

Thanks for all the aftermarket resin companies that you listed. I'll have to check them out. The Modelhaus kit is outstanding and the turn around time was quite far faster than my other Cougar trans kit. Talk to you later.

Jim

:D Hi I get a lot of my kits and replacement parts from Don at Modelhaus great place to buy from and great parts and kits.I have 2 of the 67 Couger kits.He has the org hood from the kit so I cut the hood out on the kit and used the AMT 69 kit for the guts with a little sanding it all fits very nice and you can make it look like a kit.good luck on yours I hope to get some pics up on my 2 soon......Rick.

Hi Rick,

Can't wait to see the pics. I just have the one, I was planning to build one for my mother but due to problems on the other end I never received it. Since then is has past away, so since I got the Modelhaus Cougar I'll build it anyway as I would have build it for her. I have to buy another Modelhaus Cougar to build the way I would like it. Talk to you later and can't wait to see the pics.

Jim

• 1 year later...

Modelhaus offers a '67. It is curbside.

I'm assuming the AMT '67 Mustang GT would be the best donor for a full-detail build if you're starting with Modelhaus' resin trans kit, or if you simply want to upgrade over the annual kit's underpinnings.

I'm assuming the AMT '67 Mustang GT would be the best donor for a full-detail build if you're starting with Modelhaus' resin trans kit, or if you simply want to upgrade over the annual kit's underpinnings.

I'm doing '67 and '68 Cougar restos. I got the exterior chrome from the Modelhaus on both. On the '67, I was able to salvage the original kit chassis. The AMT '69 Cougar is the same chassis, so it will be a direct drop in. On the '68, I am using the guts out of the "latest tool"AMT '67 Mustamng GT. I had to get a 2nd chassis to stretch it to go under the Cougar. One of these days I'll get back to them.