Model Cars Magazine Forum

1982 Camaro Z28

The70judgeman

82Z28.pngWhen I was 12 yrs. old in 1982, my best friend's brother pre-ordered a brand new Camaro Z28 based on just a preview article in a car magazine. We both, at the time, thought it was the greatest car around. It was ordered with just about every option available. My friend and I each bought the Revell kit when it came out. No painting...just assembled them. Well...like many kits built by kids, it ended up as a bb gun target. The only things left of that kit are the actual tires on this kit. I did a trade with a guy in Florida, minus the tires and decals. Soon after, I found a boxed kit still wrapped. Unfortunately, I had to raid that kit for the decals on this finished kit. So now I have a built kit +1(boxed) from my youth. I built this kit as close to my friends brothers car, except for the T-tops. It is the same color too.IMG_3187.jpgIMG_3188.jpgIMG_3189.jpgIMG_3193.jpgIMG_3194.jpgIMG_3196.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman

Always liked this style Camaro and looks like you did this kit proud. You going to build your other kit as well?

Thanks Lawrence. No...the other kit will stay in what I refer to as "the vault". All the kits I plan on keeping wrapped and put away. Wish I didn't have to raid the other Camaro kit though. I try to get doubles of some kits...one to build and one to keep. My plan eventually is to display a finished model with the same unopened kit.

I have one of these, brush painted with Testors square bottle enamel in need of rebuilding. I need decals for mine too! Looks like blue is about the only way to go with this one! I like what you did with yours!

Edited by skmodelcars

Love it! My older brother had this car in the same color growing up, and I always felt like 'bat girl' in batman's car on the way to school. nice build!

Thanks Nichole. I got to ride in that Camaro a few times. I still remember the day my friends brother picked it up and stopped by my house to show it off.

I have one of these, brush painted with Testors square bottle enamel in need of rebuilding. I need decals for mine too! Looks like blue is about the only way to go with this one! I like what you did with yours!

I tried to get decals for mine, but nobody seems to have them. I didn't want to open the other kit, but the model wouldn't have looked complete without them.

Very nice build!,my first car was a 82'Z28 color was silver with a dark red interior i eventually traded it in to get a 88'Iroc-Z convertible,what color did you use to paint your car?is it a factory color?

I used Plasti-cote Perfect Match GM Dark Blue Metallic. It may or may not be the exact color, but I'm fine with it.

Yes, was looking to buy, but the guy never called me back. I guess he changed his mind.

Bummer...give him a call and see what's up. Then you'll know for sure and not waste anymore of your time. Maybe leave your info in case he changes his mind again. I've heard stories of people spending years to get a car that a person swears they'll never sell and then one day they get a call.