Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP: 1/16 '68 Mustang Pro Mod

ClayK

OK, finally some new work done on the Pro Mod. Good news is I got a new camera because I dropped my other one, and it looks like it's going to be really nice. Bad news is there is a spot on the inside of the lens that is showing up on every picture. I just gotta deal with it for now until I can get it looked at.

Anyway, back to the chassis. I had been waiting to finish off the cage until I had the floor done. I wanted to try and simulate the spot welds (Sorry Dave, stitch welds) on the floor area. After several failed ideas, I found Micro Mark now sells the raised resin printed decals. So once I got my sheets in hand, I got to work decaling all the edges. I did top and bottom, and will do all of the firewall when the time comes.

P1017420z-vi.jpg

P1017416z-vi.jpg

Once that was all out of the way, I could finish the FC cage. I added some Dirtmodeler PE pieces for the head rest tabs. Then I finished off the a-pillar bars, as well as the door bar "X"

P1017415z-vi.jpg

P1017419z-vi.jpg

The last thing I worked on was the front window support. I bent it up from some small brass rod and soldered it up. Along with some DM dzus tabs. Moving forward all I have left I believe is the firewall, and then front suspension mounts and the chassis will be pretty much done. But before that, I need to cut open and hing my doors and get them all working and finsihed off nice.

P1017413z-vi.jpg

P1017417z-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Clay

Clay.... You continue to blow me away. Each update just gets better and better. Very Impressive work. Thank you for taking the time to share with all of us, How you are doing this. I am learning a lot from your build and taking lots of notes. Keep up the great work.

Clay i didn't take notice if you said or not, This going to be a blower car?

Yes it will be. I don't know if I had mentioned it or not, now that you've brought it up. I'm a big fan of the blowers. I think they look bad. Not really crazy about the nitrous set-ups. Give me a huge blower and carbon hat any day!

I've got a PSI blower, and a modified four square opening hat I'll put on it. I'm going to machine the BAE block, heads, and valve covers just like I did on my 1/24 Camaro PM.

Thanks for asking!

Edited by ClayK