Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dave,

Hey, it couldn't hurt. We'd probably get more accurate kits, better response time, and better customer service! The after market guys tend to be a little price compared to new plastic kits, and I understand the reasons for that. Let's face it, those KFS conversion kits are NOT cheap, but they sure look nice. Don't think I can convince The Wife that I need one though.

I would like to see in no particular order as I'd be happy with any of them.

Late model IH Paystar

IH 7400

Freightliner FL80-90

Frieghtliner FL112

Sterling ??? (sorry don't know the model #'s on these)

Yes, I would be really happy to see some medium duty trucks :)

Also would love to see an eliptical tanker truck (not trailer) on any chassis. This could easily be done with more than 1 option as a construction water truck, fire department water tender, fuel truck etc.

Here are 3 Sterling Aseries, L series cab forward & Acetera. Paul

LLineConstructionDump01.jpg

SetForwardCarHauler01.jpg

ActerraUtility01.jpg

I would love to some newer trucks on the market. here's my list:

Tractors:

a) Peterbilt 379

:) Kenworth w-900 L

c) Kenworth cabover, not aerodyne style

Trailers:

a) New style aluminum dump trailer

:lol: Modern style 48ft or 53fr Reefer

c) Modern style 48ft or 53 ft Spread axle Flatbed

KW W900L 86" sleeper

KW T-800 tri or quad axle dump ( possibly with a spreader )

KW T-660 86" sleeper

any new pete

Freightliner coronado

that was five trucks now for five trailers

a more modern 10 car moving parking lot

a more modern lowboy tri axle

a new reefer or frozen with modern unit

a modern logger

& lastly

a modern dry box with options for spread axle & fatboy tires

i didnt see anyone mention fatboy tires , so i did .

This subject could never be done enough.

1.) Kenworth W900 from 1983 on(in other words square headlight)

2.) Pete 379(how did this NOT become a kit?????)

3.) Any reefer, dropdeck, or flatbed by Utility from the 1950's to present

4.) More lowboy/gooseneck trailers like the one Anthony Oteri built, and others I've seen here

5.) Dry bulk tanker trailer.

Of course, I would like to see the trucks of the 1950's, along with trailers as complete kits, also.

Trailer wise, all that were mentioned but lets add a STECCO (?) demo trailer and a 'b' 61 or 81 Mack.The b 61 was the first one I ever drove, no Air no brakes.... Wheeee! Air assist steering , Air start and a Quad box. Paul

• 10 months later...

I realize this is an old thread but I am new to the site. Here is what I would like to see.......

KW 900B & 900L

Pete 379X

Dodge Bighorn 950 (replica of Tony & Kyle Youngbloods real restored trucks)

the new International Lonestar

Anything by the Chrome Shop Mafia (i.e., Mobsled and some of the other customs they have built)

Custom replica parts, (Truk Rodz, Jones Performance)

Dodge Mega Cab Cummins 4X4

Dodge 5500 4X4 Cab and Chassis

more heavy equipment

current version of a Wilson Silver Star 3-4 axle bull rack

I do like that new International Lone Star truck. It just has that Art Deco Science Fiction look to it. Another International that would be cool to model is the City Star line. I'd like to see it with a garbage truck unit. I could also go for a good grain hauling trailer, and if we're talking twenty-first century here, how about some container trailers and containers? Another truck that's being overlooked, but I find cool is the Mack Rawhide. Do I think that I'll ever see any of them in model form; probably about the same time that my children beg me to let them do the dishes.

While we're on the subject of Internationals, the 9000-Series seems like a very popular truck on the highways. I mean, there everywhere. You'd think that a model of one of them would have been produced already. That and those newer Freightliners.

That LoneStar is "different".

Anything NEW would be a nice change of pace! A bunch of the stuff that has been mentioned has been done in resin in one form or another....here's what I am working on right now; for a multi-version transkit for Italeri 377/378 kits; which should allow builders to do just about any version of the 127 BBC truck...I have put a great deal of effort into making these transkits more user friendly for builders; and should only require hinge height , and cab mount adjustments when using the specified donors. Have a look..........matt

• 4 weeks later...

thinking about this one for a bit. I'm quite into smaller trucks, municipals such as cherry pickers, refuse and recycling trucks as well as the big rigs. something like that might not go amiss

Possibly something with the mack mr cab might be nice, or the autocar wx, although then there'd have to be a garbage body kit to go with it. but if that was produced, the model company could get extra mileage out of it by producing other types of bodies to go on the same basic chassis????

Plus, somethin a little older might be nice. Didn't revell produced at one time a classic bussing, or something like that for the German market. Perhaps a classic Pete 351 or needlenose Kw might be nice ??? Similar to the 1:48ish scale revell offerings of the white 4000 and kw of a few years ago??? Imagine one of those in 1:25!

Don't think theres much chance theres any of these being produced. But I can dream...