Model Cars Magazine Forum

'27 T Lo-Boy - Completed 6-13, now showing Under Glass

Bernard Kron

Thanx again, guys!

The '27 Lo-Boy is nearly done. I'm down to the final thrash, fitting details like the headlights and taillights, license plate, steering wheel, dash gauges. grill, and windshield.

The stuff that starts to generate flaws and fit issues. This one's no exception. I will say that the windshield and headlights in particular really change the look of the car, but I'll save that for the reveal! And , much to my relief, it does look like I intended it to. All the suggestions, observations, and fine tuning regarding the wheelbase, motor position and stance really paid off. Thanx to all who spoke up!

In the meantime here's a pic with the grill shell painted and mocked up in place. I continue to experiment with black bases and backgrounds in my photography and this picture is part of that. I should have the car done by next weekend unless I screw something up real bad...

Thanx for lookin',

B.

DSCF0329-web-2.jpg

OK...so I won't say "now you're cookin'!!" ...but I will say "it's really looking hot!!" :)

I can't wait to see this one fully baked...or is it out of the frying pan and into the oven? :)

Oh...too many cooking jokes and not enough time to list them all...

Later,

Thanx everyone!

I'm about done. Some cleanup and detail work left to do but basically the look is complete. Here's a detail pic of the interior and a couple of old-timey color pics with the windshield and lights in place as a teaser.

Thanx for lookin',

B.

DSCF0336-web.jpg

DSCF0331-web.jpg

DSCF0333-web.jpg

Edited by Bernard Kron