Model Cars Magazine Forum

Red River Shipping Van Trailer

Here's my version of the "White Line Fever" Red River Shipping trailer. I know that there are some differences between the AMT kit & the trailer used in the movie, but I'll live with them. The Red River Shipping decals are from JBot; while the Fruehauf, "Wide Right Turn", data plates, & license plates are from the AMT decal sheet. The Nevada plate is from the "Bixby Livestock" decal sheet that I picked up from Model Express a couple of yeas ago.

I posed it with a couple of different tractors just to see how it looked. I kind of like it with the 359

01VanwithPeterbilt.jpg

02Front.jpg

03Rear.jpg

Although the Astro does look good, too.

05WithAstro.jpg

The W900 is one I built back in 1986, and it shows!

04WithW900.jpg

Maybe I'll rebuild it if I can ever find those decals again.

Very nice! I'm thinking the Astro is my favorite rig with it, too.

I will say this- I'd advise against rebuilding the W900. It's part of your modeling history! What I'd do is buy the W900 reissue, find a set of those details, and build the new kit as an improved version of the old one. Then display them side by side, to compare the progress you've made over years of building. B)

Jim--check with Dave at AITM. He was casting a Ford W cab for a friend and he might still sell them. I have one myself. It is just the cab, interior tub, and dash. If he adds it to his lineup, I'm sure he will add more components for it.

jim the al looks very nice you know the gmc stil something special

the peterbilt also

about the ford i got him from auskid

and look so many pictures and stil looks for the good way for air intake below the cab make the elbow self

cutting glue and so on and finaly im satisfact whit the result

now put everything together

jacobus