Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recreating My Dad's Dream Dart

Platerpants

So my dad has a 1974 dart swinger that he is gonna restore. its gonna be plum crazy with aar type stripes that end in 360. its got ralley rims, and a 360 v8. Ok so to the model. it is as described as up top but i have to use the Revell 68 dart for the basic body. i already started the trunk and rear bumper the from pieces are being shipped to me from the MPC 75 dart, hood, front bumper, and nose piece. i combined a ford 289, 440, and 56 chevy exhausts to make the 360 with custom made aircleaner decal. oh and i stole the transmission from the mpc deora to fit to the engine. i will post pics.

• 2 weeks later...

now if only my dads was this far along. but sadly 17 years ago it got put to the side cuz i came around.

i also caused my parent to not be able to afford a brand new 1994 eagle talon. the dart should be getting a move on after a 17 year wit this summer.

well since i had a slant 6 and decided to make an engine stand. i decided to make a little setup of the dart and the original engine. it was a 225 slant 6 not sure what color it was so i painted it blue. oh yah and the dart was originally white when my dad bought it.0619121735.jpg

yesterday my dad and a friend of his from work started bring home parts for an engine. not the 360 my dad has but a 340 outta a challenger(NOT TA) so its gonna be a 340 instead of a 360 and manual trans instead of automatic. well im either gonna print off a new air cleaner sticker and find a manual trans in my parts box(i doubt i have 1) or stick to the way it is.

UPDATE: i painted the hood flat black and wired the engine. outta like 10 models of mine with engine wires this is the only one with proper firing order. sorry for the blurry photos but i take them with my cheapy phone which is the only camera i own.0625121422.jpg