Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Ford Victoria Convertible

Luis Ayala

This is one of the projets that I had in mind for our national event the CSAE (Caribbean Scale Auto Expo) on November. I started it on sunday night and so far I opened the doors and trunk.

All the parts are cleaned, sanded and ready to paint. The body work is almost done, just a couple of mold lines to wipe out.

I already hinged the trunk, but I ran out of epoxy and couldn't finish the door hinges. I will work on those tonight to see if I can shoot some primer on it by the end of the week.

Hope you like it and thanks for looking.

VCDSC00532.jpg

VCDSC00533.jpg

VCDSC00534.jpg

VCDSC00535.jpg

VCDSC00536.jpg

VCDSC00537.jpg

VCDSC00538.jpg

VCDSC00539.jpg

Hey, good job on those hinges, keep us posted.........What color are you going with?

Thank you all for your comments.

Hi Marcos, I will use a factory color combo.

For the Body color I will use "Sungate Ivory" (PPG 80090).

For the interiors, I will use the "dark brown leather" and "ivory vinyl" combination. The 1953 Crestline interiors harmonized with the exterior colors. The seat bolsters and headlining were in darker shades. The doors and quarter panels had 3-tone vinyl trim and chrome accents.

I am trying to keep this one as close as a "Factory Stock" will be.

Again thanks for looking.

Since I finished working on the hinges, I started to work on the engine and chasis. The engine is almost finished and if everithing goes well I will hopefully lay some paint on the body and interiors on saturday. Hope you like it and thanks for looking.

VCDSC00581.jpg

VCDSC00582.jpg

VCDSC00583.jpg

VCDSC00584.jpg

VCDSC00585.jpg

VCDSC00586.jpg

Super modeling on a great kit. I am glad they reissued that one. That is one of Lindbergs best releases as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait to see the finished car. The hinges all look good. I guess you will be running stock wheels. I painted one with aqua and ivory. I wish I still had that one. Great work! ratrodder doug

Thank you all for your comments!!!!!!!

Here is a little progress update. I already installed the engine and the wiring is almost done. I added some hose straps and installed the battery. The chasis is also finished and the stock wheels are assembled and will be glued up later. I will start painting the interiors today and if the wheather is good I will try to paint the body in the weekend.

Hope you like it and thanks for looking... B)

Here are a couple of pics of the engine bay.

VCDSC00597.jpg

VCDSC00596.jpg

VCDSC00595.jpg

The chasis...

VCDSC00593.jpg

Here are a couple of "mock up" pics.

VCDSC00592.jpg

VCDSC00588.jpg