Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy project

cruz

DSC01901.jpg I am also going with the embossing powder trick that one of the guys posted not long ago, it really does work nicely and better than the flocking and what I like best is that it can be painted any color you desire, in this case I just went flat black but the possibilities are endless......

Looking good, Cruz! I'll have to get some embossing powder and try that method. Hmmm..... a good seminar at a club meeting perhaps?! Hey, what color and brand of paint are you using? That's an eye popping color! :D
Hey Randy, like always, nice to hear from you man. The color I will be using for the exterior is the same one you are seeing here for my interior which is Evening Orchid and I will be painting the roof white. I was going to go with the Wimbledon White on the roof just like the inserts in the seats but I kinda want to see some contrast with the interior and exterior. I am using the Testors Lacquers for the Orchid and Tamiya pure white for the roof. Hopefully I can have this one done for the September Showdown man................ B)

Hi Marcos

i Love The 57 chevy..it was my FIRST contakt with American Car,s when I was a child.

Like Your built ..especially The ENGINE....very nice. I look forward to Your W.I.P.

here,s a PIC of MY 57 chevy engine That was a lot of FUN to Built

cheers

uwe

6233376135303739.jpg

Hey my German friend, very nice job on your engine, you do very cool work man but you must post more stuff for us to see B):D Really love your work ;)

DSC01992.jpg And this is where I am on the build. I decided to paint the body last for I feel that if I paint it now I will get a little desperate to get it done and probably cheat on the details that I still want to add...........Hope you guys like it. :)

Looking great, Marcos! I've always preferred the new tool AMT '57 over the older one. What do you think of it ?
Well brother, until now it's been good to me during the building process but let me shut up and give you a fair answer when I am done :lol::) That one on your avatar looks pretty cool, mind putting it right on this tread to check out? :lol:

Looking great, Marcos! I've always preferred the new tool AMT '57 over the older one. What do you think of it ?

I'm not Marcos, but as you can see, I have always been a big fan of the AMT '57 Chevy. It was one of my first "big" kits, back in the 60s. But... ... that tooling is very old and showing it's age now. While I have yet to do one of the new ones, I have looked at them and was very impressed with what I saw. I look forward to building one of them.

Dad

Chppd%2057.jpg

Rag5.jpg

That looks very close to Dusk Pearl which is a '57 color for Chevy.

I was gonna ask what color he used for that. It is gorgeous. I know that Testors has a color very similiar to Dusk Pearl in their 2-part system.

Look forward to seeing the finished project.

DSC02078.jpgWell guys, this is Evening Orchid Metallic used in 65' or so, just finished painting and clearing it last night. Of course I still have to finish the roof which will be in white and BMF the trim and stuff.. Have it in the food dehydrator right now, can't wait to polish this baby :D:rolleyes: