Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 DODGE CHARGER "PRO TOURING"

bryan_m

Heres the colors i am using........duplicolor lacquer. black metallic, and pewter silver metallic. also snagged a new can of clear. i bummed i cant use my airbrush, my compressor died, so its rattle can time!

paint22003.jpg

one final shot of it in primer...

paint22004.jpg

and i was thinkin about adding an "undead" driver........i might hack these guys up and make one!

not really sure yet.

paint22001.jpg

thanks for lookin, and for all the great comments!

cheers

bryan

heres a skeleton i hacked up a while back, he was supposed to go in my 32 ford ratrod sedan, but i didnt pose him just right, so now he is waiting for a new home in one of my builds...

Skeleton003.jpg

Skeleton008.jpg

he came from the "rommels rod" kit, i ground down the nazi style hat, and made it look like this.....chopped up his arms and legs and re-posed him.... now he needs a ride!

thanks for lookin!

bryan

ok, i got the silver shot on the body....now it will be like watchin paint dry! LOL ill shoot the black in the morning before its a 100 degrees out and the humidity is 100 too! LOL

heres a couple shots...

paint33001.jpg

paint33002.jpg

i also shot the rear tail light panel in satin black.

paint33004.jpg

thanks for lookin guys! lemme know what ya think........

more to come

bryan

i tossed the wheels in the purple pond to strip the chrome off of them, they will get painted satin black.

heres a question, do you guys think i should black out the grille, and the bumpers, or do you think that will be too much black? the wheels will be black, but im not sure about the rest.......let me know what you think guys, your opinions help out alot! thanks in advance for your input.....

more to come, i might be able to mask it for the black tonight, its dryin really nice, and id rather shoot it tonight...

cheers

bryan

heres the rear tail light panel set in place, i like the black and silver together, always a great color combo.

paint44003.jpg

and now that i have sat it in place, i think i am gonna have to keep the chrome on the bumpers and grille. the chrome looks great against the silver.....

paint44004.jpg

and i think my work on the trunk jamb came out pretty decent too.......im startin to get motivated on this build again

ok i would have posted a pic of the jamb, but photobucket is being a HUGE PAIN again!!! is anyone else using photobucket having problems with it? its really makin me nuts!

thanks guys!

bryan

stripped and painted the wheels! let me know what ya think guys.......i will detail them a little, maybe some valve stems, and definetely a chrome outer lip just to break it up a little, or maybe a red lip?

here they are stripped

wheel11001.jpg

Painted....

wheel11003.jpg

tires mounted, and mocked up on the body....

wheel11006.jpg

wheel11004.jpg

lemme know that ya think guys. stay tuned more to come......

cheers

bryan

what a mess!

the last time i went to the LHS, i grabbed a sheet of BMF, and i didnt notice that it was "ultra bright chrome" that stuff is the worst! its too thick, and it doesnt stick very well, or it sticks too well, and its too hard to get off........so needless to say, i scratched one of the wheels, and the foil looks like poop!

ok, photobucket is bein stupid again........or i would post a horrifying PIC! so its on to the next plan of attack, ill do the wheels in black again, after i strip them, then mask them and shoot the edge of the wheel with alclad chrome............oh no wait, cant do that, my compressor is out of commission.....bummer. :angry::unsure:

stay tuned, more anger to come! LOL

bryan

ok, photobucket working again.........heres a wheel pic. it would have looked good, but like i said, terrible foil, and the fact that i was a little impatient and didnt give them long enuff to dry they got messed up.......

wheel99003.jpg

totally unacceptable!

wheel99001.jpg

ok, now its on to plan "B" thanks for lookin guys. more to come

cheers

bryan

ok, i`ve started tapin the body for the second color.....

i didnt want a straight line down the body, so i mirrored the upper body line 6 scale inches below it. i like it, its not straight, and it follows the curve nicely.

im using 3M blue fineline tape, i hope i dont get any "bleed through"

tape33001.jpg

heres the line 6 scale inches below the upper one....

tape33003.jpg

a straight line would have been boring, unless the body was straight......

tape33004.jpg

more to come guys, im on a roll tonight.......i didnt realize it is 2am! LOL

thanks for lookin

bryan

ok, here she is, unmasked. the paintline came out really sharp, now all i have to do is let it dry and shoot on a very thin red stripe to seperate them.

here we are with the tape still on her.....

towtone0001-1.jpg

and now unmasked!

towtone0003-1.jpg

towtone0004-1.jpg

a couple more, a little closer...

towtone0006-1.jpg

towtone0005-1.jpg

let me know what ya think guys....

my workbench is a catastrophe! so its time for a little clean up while this thing is drying for the next color!

thanks for lookin

bryan

sorry for the "semi blurry" pics....something must have gotten changed on my camera, its been takin really poopy pics lately, time to bust out the manual and see whats up with it, so i can take better pics.....

cheers

bryan

once i get the workbench cleaned up a little bit, i think this thing will be ready for final masking.......i also noticed, and should have thought ahead, but the vinyl roof has lost some of its detail, so ill have to shoot it with some texture paint...

...what do you guys use?, i have seen some of you using texture paint for vinyl tops, any help is appreciated. stay tuned for more guys!

cheers

bryan

finally shot the thin red stripe..... that was alot of masking for such a tiny stripe! its a scale 2" wide.......i had it maked off once, but didnt like it, it was way too wide, then i thought about doing a stripe like the cudas used to have with the slashes in them.....i was worried about it bleeding through so i didnt do it......

here is shot red, ill let it dry a bit and then unmask it.....

stripe1005.jpg

oh and heres the tail light panel in place......

stripe1001.jpg

more to come, stay tuned

bryan

wow! my camera is drivin me nuts! its not like i am shaking it when taking pics, i actually have a tiny tripod i use at the bench! i dont know whats goin on with it.........gotta fix it though.

thanks for lookin guys, its time for some breakfast! LOL

bryan

ok, ive removed the tape, and this is what i ended up with. i think it came out ok, it got a little wide on me on the rear of the left quarter panel, but thats ok, you cant look at both sides at the same time! LOL

red01002.jpg

red01004.jpg

red01005.jpg

thanks for lookin guys, ill wait a couple hours and start shootin clear on it, after i sand it very lightly with some 3000 grit paper to thin out the stripe so it wont take 3 gallons of clear to bury it.....

more to come, thanks again for lookin!

cheers

bryan