Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 DODGE CHARGER "PRO TOURING"

bryan_m

Whew Bryan, put Ansen Sprints and a white stripe on that rascal an you got my Charger! Flat out BEAUTIFUL cars, Aren't they? Mine didn't have a tricked out Hemi, but that 440 4spd was PLENTY fast enough for me! This is comeing along beautifully!!! THANKS for shareing!!! :D;)

thanks guys! i havent been to the bench in a couple days, ive been super busy at work, and i get home totally beat.......hopefully i can get something done tomorrow nite..

thanks for all the comments, i appreciate the kind words.

cheers

bryan

well, i couldnt fall asleep! dang! well i guess i could have gone to the bench, but me and my girlfriend decided to go to breakfast this mornin! its been a while since we have done that, so it will be nice...........then i have a 12 hour workday ahead of me! ouch!

tune in later for some possible progress!

cheers

bryan

Looks like the wheels can be sourced (then modified as necessary) from the R/M Alternomad or the '59 Vette Street Machine.

im not sure about the wheel choice yet, i wanna find something deeper, ive got a huge wheel stash so, i should be able to find something.

hopefully i can get something done tonite, stay tuned guys!

cheers

bryan

well, i have finally made it to the bench.....ive been really busy at work, so ive been stayin late, and no time for the bench :unsure::wacko:

i finished up the rain gutter in the trunk jamb, now i am thinning out the inner edge of the lid so it all fits nicely. im gonna try to make the inner tail light cover tonite as well. stay tuned.

bryan

ok, the jamb is nearly done.....the lid fits nice and snug, and the gaps arent huge.

667005.jpg

i thinned the edges of the decklid so it would sit down in the jamb correctly.

667004.jpg

667003.jpg

i still have to thin out the rear edge of the lid, and then i will start on the inner tail light cover.

thanks for lookin, more to come.

bryan

68 charger with a scratched built AM frame

http://www.modelcars...opic=58199&st=0

here is a couple zip files of many reference pics. there are also pics for a independent rear end.

AM Max G Frame

https://hotfile.com/...hassis.rar.html

AM Frames for tri 5 chevy's and corvette. 60 plus meg file

https://hotfile.com/...hassis.rar.html

here is a list of plastic you will need

08 X .125 strips are Evergreen that is the main frame

everything else is Plastruct. with the exception of the Hex rod Evergreen can be used in place of Plastruct

Round Rod for the exhaust tubes .125 (finding hollow tube would be easier and give a cleaner look than drilling it out yourself like i did.)

Round Rod for rear air bag mount .04

Round Rod for the 4link set up .05 for the main and .06 for the ends.

Hex Head for your jam nuts .05 or you could go slightly bigger and use .06

Sheet Plastic for brackets and flanges .01 thickness

Sheet Plastic for floor and frame work .02 thickness

i did not heat the plastic to bend it. i scored one side of the plastic and carefully broke the scores enough to bend but not to break it in half. the .02 sheet plastic was used to hold those bends and for strength. if you don't understand what im trying to explain on the bending let me know i will do video tutorial.

if you want to make your own upper and lower control arms i think .04 or .05 round rod would be the size you want.

here is a link on how i made bends in the plastic without having to heat it

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=58900

Edited by Marcus M. Jones

i like these alot more.......

999003.jpg

and here are the 09 challenger interior parts on the 69 floorpan, the dash fits well against the firewall too!

chint001.jpg

chint002.jpg

its gonna be alot of work, but i think it will be cool, and i have never done a "pro touring" so i gues its time.

thats it for me tonite, i am shot.

thanks for lookin guys

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

thanks ryan!

i shaved off the wheel well trim, the trim that goes around the rear tail light panel, and im workin on filling in the gas door.

690001.jpg

690003.jpg

690004.jpg

i am liking the smooth look on this body. im thinking about "dialing back" the 2 indents on the front doors, so they arent as pronounced. im not sure yet tho....

more to come, thanks for looking

cheers

bryan

Edited by bryan_m