Model Cars Magazine Forum

"American" cars?

I can't believe this is still going! I thought this thread was started by Harry just for people who were bored and sitting alone at home on the American holiday, :lol: It entertained me yesterday. Now it looks like people are slinging mud all over the place. :( My question still is, how many of our plastic model car kits are still made in America, if any? Does anyone know? Does anyone care? :huh: Just wondering. No offense to any other countries, please! Let's all be friends on here. :) Oh yeah, and Canada you are part of America!

Edited by rmvw guy

I can't believe this is still going! I thought this thread was started by Harry just for people who were bored and sitting alone at home on the American holiday, :lol: It entertained me yesterday. Now it looks like people are slinging mud all over the place. :( My question still is, how many of our plastic model car kits are still made in America, if any? Does anyone know? Does anyone care? :huh: Just wondering. No offense to any other countries, please! Let's all be friends on here. :)

I find it funny as well, thats what this is made for sHa_popcorn.gif

I think it's great that you guys have the freedom to express yourselves, granted by both Gregg and the Bill of Rights. But, respect is expected. Some of you cut a very fine line. This is a global forum. Let's watch the disrespectful comments about other people's homelands. Please do not make me remove your posts. - M

I think it's great that you guys have the freedom to express yourselves, granted by both Gregg and the Bill of Rights. But, respect is expected. Some of you cut a very fine line. This is a global forum. Let's watch the disrespectful comments about other people's homelands. Please do not make me remove your posts. - M

Agreed with that, but I have to say one thing, I did not have internet from Sunday tell today, I just checked in few times from my phone, so I think I missed a lot, we have a new moderator now?, anything else I missed :huh:

Agreed with that, but I have to say one thing, I did not have internet from Sunday tell today, I just checked in few times from my phone, so I think I missed a lot, we have a new moderator now?, anything else I missed :huh:

Kind of weird to see a 'moderator' named 'MODERATOR'. I prefer when they have a real name.

:rolleyes:;) If you have ever been in a foreign country on one of THEIR National Holidays as an American, they will usually warn you to stay indoors off the streets. This may have been the case here with some of us stepping on foreign toes just a bit. I would like to publicly apologise for any rudeness and invite our fellow modelers back from around the world. I still enjoy the international flavor here.

I haven't seen even one post on this entire thread where anyone said anything about Canadian-built cars being inferior or slamming Canada in any way.

You sure you're reading the same posts the rest of us are reading?

I'm sure he is at least reading the same posts I am reading. There is at least one post that lambasted the Brampton Chrysler plant and the "French" Canadians who work there.

And yes, here in the US, Canada is a foreign country. Just like the US is a foreign country as far as Canadians are concerned. But there's no negative connotation meant... Canada is America's best ally in the world, and its biggest trading partner. And we share an unguarded border that's thousands of miles long. You guys are a foreign country, but our best friends!

Now.... Wisconsin is a foreign country!

My Mini is built in England, by a manufacturer owned by the Germans (BMW), with a French engine (Pugeot), & a Japenese transmission. I bought it new. It has ABS, traction control, airbags, & a ton of other safety equipment not offered on older made in the USA cars. I wouldn't know where to start, to work on it, nor would I want to. I left all my car tinkering in my youth, when it was fun. I love my Mini. It's my first new car & it's a ton of fun.

My model cars are assembled in the USA, with foreign parts, by an unpaid Euro-mutt American. My whole life seems to be a melting pot.

Jeff

Henry Ford and the Dodge Brothers were English descent, David Dunbar Buick was Scottish, The Duesenbergs, Walter Chrysler were German. Chevrolet brothers were French. They are all foreign cars!!

I think its time we go from saying American/ Import, to just world wide, as almost every Manufacture is world wide, with the cars being made all over the world.

Henry Ford and the Dodge Brothers were English descent, David Dunbar Buick was Scottish, The Duesenbergs, Walter Chrysler were German. Chevrolet brothers were French. They are all foreign cars!!

Not trying to start an argument or anyhting, but Henry Ford was Irish, and the Chevrolet brothers were Swiss (though the village they were from is on the border).

Not trying to start an argument or anyhting, but Henry Ford was Irish, and the Chevrolet brothers were Swiss (though the village they were from is on the border).

Technically only one of the brothers was born in Switzerland, the others were born in France, and the family was of French descent.