Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Fairlane 427-Done

slammedi'am

Starte on this one a few days ago.Bout to finish some others so I got a head start...Trying to decide if I wanna 2 tone it yet or not....Gonna be just a mild custom.Shaved all the emblems and door handles

004-18.jpg

005-24.jpg

006-19.jpg

Edited by slammedi'am

Looks real good. How were you thinking to cut off the tutone? It might look good at the top body break or if it fits with your custom idea you could blend in a color on the raised part of the body sides. Look forward to seeing this one thru .

When you first said "two tone" I really didn't think I was going to like it. Especailly with the shaved handles and emblems, this car has such good lines and proportions it doesn't need much to look outstanding. BUT, what you came up with works great on this body style and really makes an attention-grabbing model. Interesting, unusual color choices, and I like the dark on the top. Nice ideas.

Great colors Shane, are you going to do a pinstripe between the colors? If so, what color do you have in mind? And great work on the engine!

I don't think I've ever built that Fairlane kit - any good?

Jim, it's a good kit, the only issues I had were the inner fender wells and front suspension height. The inner fender wells need to be shaved a bit on the bottom sides (Along with the firewall) so the body fits down over the chassis correctly, and they need shock mounts added. The kingpins need to be modified so it doesn't have a Gasser stance, but everything else in this kit is very well done.

Edited by Custom Mike

Great colors Shane, are you going to do a pinstripe between the colors? If so, what color do you have in mind? And great work on the engine!

Right now I have an orange strip but dunno on it yet...Still messing with it really...

And thanks again everyone