Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kurt B #54 Monster Camry (WIP)

martinfan5

Here is my next NASCAR project, I am going to build Kurt Busch #54 Monster Nationwide Camry, going to use a AMT COT kit.

Here is what the car looks like

54a.jpg

Decals are from Stoneys decals

n3.jpg,

here is the body, first step is to strip it

n4.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Nah, I don't usually do WIP's because it might be months between updates. I'm basically going by Mark J's WIP on his #2 Charger for the lower valance. Hasn't been too hard so far.

Looking forward to seeing it done, here is the body now that it has been stripped, now the hard part starts, turning a chevy into a toyota, time to get out the bondo. The nose is going to be reworked, I have to lover the rear fender, I have to change the rear side window, and make a rear spoiler.

n5.jpg

I have been making some progress on this one, just I have skipped the boring in bondo pics up tell this point, here is how it looks now , as you can see its still rough, but getting there, I should of before I started putting the bondo on was to heat up the top part of the nose and lower it some. I am not going to be able to get the slope of the nose correct now, but it will be close

And also reshaping the rear windows

p7-7.jpg

p6-10.jpg

Looking forward to seeing it done, here is the body now that it has been stripped, now the hard part starts, turning a chevy into a toyota, time to get out the bondo. The nose is going to be reworked, I have to lover the rear fender, I have to change the rear side window, and make a rear spoiler.

How did "lover"-ing the rear fender work out for you?

Will it be a long term relationship, or just a one-time thing?

:lol::D:lol::D