Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Future Releases

I was in a LHS about a month ago and saw a new reissue of the Vega kit . I didn't buy it but now wished I had. Any one know about it?

Which Vega, Harold? The Twister Vega kit, with the early Monza S nose on it?

What's a good deal? I've seen a couple in the $30-$40 dollar range. But, if it is to be reissued, I'm assuming it will likely be in the $25 range

25 bucks is usually what I have to spend and when I try tof get one off ebaay I always lose out.

How about their 1/43 scale line as it was quite extensive.

They reissued a few in the late '80s, but the usually chromed parts were unchromed that time around...not good. Save for the VW Beetle, Custom Cougar, and GT40, they are not too hard to find for $20 or less.

I did'nt see the '57 Ford Custom or the '50 Olds on the list at Towers in up-coming kits,are these now on hold or am I missing something here.Also clicked on the new Testors Glitter Clear and a pic of Fabric Black popped up.Would like to have some Fabric Black,not sure of the Glitter Clear.

Tower Hobbies lists the '57 Ford as Late Dec and the '50 Olds as 'Late Sept', the '62 Corvette as Late Oct..who knows if the months are accurate... but those are Revell kits..

You know Casey, Now that you mention that name it strikes a bell. It might have been the twister Vega. But It was a brand new kit, not an old one just put on the shelf. I'm going there again this weekend. It probbably won't be there but I will LOL!!!

>I would like to see them reissue the old '62 or '63 Ford pickups (with go cart)

ok now here is something that makes sense! even without the kart (and/or triumph motorcycle) the trucks would be nice.

but of course what would REALLY be nice would be the truck, the kart, AND the motorcycle!

biketruckkartdisplay.jpg

one has to dream big!

There is so many I'd love to build before I die.I hope AMT does themI to would love to see all that has been listed.I hope they will.I try to get a couple of all that is re released....just to help show them they need to do more with the re releases.I have emailed them many times to let them know I happy with the direction there going.I know there is some problems with some of the kits releases,but so far I have not had one trouble with any of them.Thanks,Chris

Id be happy if they would just show up around here but if I could make requests they would be...

61 to 63 Ford pickups

64,66,67,68,69 Bonneville

70 Bonneville HT

71,72 Dodge window van

71,72,73 Dodge 2WD pickup

70s Chevy open road camper van(mini motor home)

68,69 Coronets

66 to 70 Cadillacs

71,72 Pontiac Sprint II

other station wagons of the 60s that have not been out in many years

60s Ford or Chevy van

67 to 69 Falcons

66 Skylark GS

67 to 70 Chevy Suburban

70s International Travelall

61 Olds 88

66 to 72 Tornado

etc.

They reissued a few in the late '80s, but the usually chromed parts were unchromed that time around...not good. Save for the VW Beetle, Custom Cougar, and GT40, they are not too hard to find for $20 or less.

They were part of the "Class of 69'" I believe as it was the Stang, Camaro, Chevelle, Torino and I believe the AMX.

I have a few GT40, 36 & 48 Fords but would like to see the Jag, 68 Stang, 68 T-Bird.