• Vintage '36 roadster
    • '37 Ford "ute"
    • '32 5 window
    • '72 GMC pickup
    • "stylish" shoptruck
    • Grand Prix kustom
    • Shot Rod
    • Bad34

There are 2 posts containing all the entries, so please look at both. i had to post them seperately because of the image posting limits of the board.

Back when I opened up my new hobby room for "business" I stated that I was going to ask for your help in deciding which abandoned project i should resurrect first. Well, the time is now. Please vote. The projects listed here are by no means all of my abandoned projects, just the ones that have the most time invested, most work completed, or are closest to completion. follow the link to more in depth picsI will take the top 3 vote getters and do a run-off to select the winner.

The time is now, please make your voice heard!!!

'32 Chevy Nomad

100_0728-vi.jpg

This is an AMT phantom vicki body with MPC '32 Chevy parts and an AMT '55 nomad roof. The style will be "newstalgia". Some kind of cool chevy power, maybe the 4 "weber" EFI from the recent Revell '67 vette.

GM Amalgum

P1010140-vi.jpg

This was started about 4 years ago. It's a JF body, modified to a sigle headlight setup and grille shell to accept a caddy grille. AMT new tool '57 Chevy street machine chassis and suspension. Motovation is a chevy 383 W motor with modern corvette intake setup.

Slammed '56 pickup

P1010290-vi.jpg

This started out as my vision of what Roth work truck should have looked like since the real one was too "stock". It will no longer be that. Heavily chopped cab, mostly scratchbuilt custom bed. '62 tbird dash and engine. Opening, suicide doors. This was painted once, but the masking for the scallops went bad

6 shooter track roadster

P1010304-vi.jpg

This is based on the new tool AMT ala kart, but is heavily modified. the engine is from the Galaxie Ltd '48 Chevy, with parts from the AMT '53 corvette to dress it out. Wheels also from the '48 kit. this was painted black at one time, but the bodywork was not up to par, so I need to strip it.

Chopped '67 Chevelle

100_0406-vi.jpg

This is revell's '67 chevelle, with a "gentlemans" chop. Trunk opened to reveal huge sound system. Engine is from the new tool AMT '57 Chevy syreet machine. this one is painted, jsut awaiting assembly. Wheels are Marc Nellis big diameter Chevy rally wheels out back and "normal" rallys up front. Kitbashed(not resin) baldwin style hood.

3rd attempt deuce

P1010713-vi.jpg

This is the third attempted project using this rep+Min 32 Ford body. This time around i opened up the roof and scratchbuilt the support bows for the top. Engine is a slightly hot rodded engine from the AMT '55 chevy cameo. Wheels are the artillary wheels from the revell '37 ford pickup.

Sectioned '40 Ford

100_0401-vi.jpg

this is an El matador-esque East coast style '40 Ford. it has been sectioned, but not chopped.

Silhouette 2007

P1020025-vi.jpg

This is a modern interpritation of Cushenbury silhouette showcar. The body is mostly unchanged, except for modern Supra headlights. The chassis will be made more accurate, and wheels and tires from the AMT Wagonrod. Engine is the "viper-esque" setup from the AMT duster street machine.

Model A sport trac

P1020028-vi.jpg

Ispired by a Jairus sketch this is the AMT model a woody with the rear end cut off and a pickup bed installed, similar to a modern Explorer Sport Trac. Will probably have the rodded flathead out of the revell '48 Ford

SLO Special

000_0069-vi.jpg

This is a narrowed '32 Ford roadster body and frame. Engine is a four cylinder ford motor with a front driven blower. It's called SLO because its a Straight Line Only vehicle. Narrow track and long wheelbase make it unsafe anywhere except the salt flats.

Vinatage '36 Roadster

000_0072-vi.jpg

This one is a bit further along than the pic indicates. It's an AMT 36 ford with all the running gear from the Revell '40 Ford replacing the stock AMT stuff. It will also have a DuVall windsheild, salt flats discs, LeSalle grille and black paint with red interior. A real classic hot rod look.

'37 ford "ute"

100_0397-vi.jpg

This is the Monogram '37 ford sedan converted to a "ute". it has a parts pack caddy motor, old tool monogram '32 ford wheels, and custom bed.

'32 5window

100_0211-vi.jpg

This is a revell 32 roadster body with an AMT 32 5 window roof section grafted on. This will be late 50's style show rod. may substitute the "edsel" grille from the AMT 32 sedan double kit(thanks Steve H) for the track nose since it will be powered by the latham blown AMT '58 edsel engine.

'72 GMC pickup

100_0724-vi.jpg

This is the AMT '72 Chevy pickup with GMC grille and hood. AMT '90's chvevy 454 SS interior. Customized bed with center mounted full width tailight. Colors will be metallic orange over black, just like the box art for revells '67 Chevelle from a few years ago. Wheels and tires from that Chevelle kit. Engine TBD

"Stylish" shoptruck

100_0399-vi.jpg

The impetus for this one is a Jimmy Flintstone resin"rat rod" '37 ford truck cab with custom grille. i adapted the cab to fit a shortened 30's Chrysler fender unit and scratchbuilt frame. Engine is the BIG flattie from the AMT '28 Lincoln. it will have a weathered patina, as hinted by the wheels and tires from a VonDutch diecast.

Grand Prix kustom

100_0398-vi.jpg

Based on the AMT '64 Grand Prix kit, using the custom body parts It is inspired by the barris riviera custom from the mid 60's. Heavily customized interior with rear seat deleted.

Shot rod

100_0403-vi.jpg

Revell Buttera t with chopped top and roof removed. Ala kart running gear. Not sure what engine is in the pic, but I'm sure it will be wild.

Bad'34

100_0210-vi.jpg

AMT's '34 5 window, chopped and channeled. Has the enine from the Mazmanian willys kit, with 6 carb inake and skull airscoops(I know, it's been done before). Wheels are from the AMT '36 Ford.

Gosh, this was a long post to type up. I hope youguys like what you see. Please vote!!!

http://public.fotki.com/crstan/noslow-motion_projects/

11 votes for 10 different subjects, you might want to narrow it down a little more.

Nope. I'm intentionally trying to give a broad range to choose from. I would have done more but I didn't want to overburden the voters or the forum with so many candidates to scroll thru. Voting will be open for one week, and after that will be a one week run-off between the top 3 vote getters.

Come one guys, 200+ views and only 17 votes? If you view, please vote. It doesn't take any extra time.

Come one guys, 200+ views and only 17 votes? If you view, please vote. It doesn't take any extra time.

Guests can view but not vote, so that is probably the difference, Craig. I voted for the '56 pick-em-up, cuz I like pickups. The vote-off is gonna be tough for me - I also like that sectioned '40 and the '32 Nomad!

Matt