Model Cars Magazine Forum

USA-1 CORVETTE LSR TEAM! WIP Photos! Finished Now!

Ira

Been off the internet for awhile with other projects Ira and just got back. I started keeping up in the beginning of your build and now that I'm back.....WOW! I may have to have my jaw surgically re-attached after viewing the photos. You really did an outstanding job. This is the type of build that gets other modelers to really use their imagination on their own projects. I may be a lot of work, but the results are worth it.

INTERIOR INSTALLED!

When I did my final fitting for the Interior and front Underbody, I found I needed to make a few alterations. The Underbody hung down too low in the back, so I bent it to fit in place.

DSCN5085V_zpsfa91ec79.jpg

I found a new way to mount Interiors and other large parts...
Here is the Interior in place. Minor modifications were needed to get a tight fit.
Once I got the Interior with Underbody in place, I used Zap-A-Gap, Green Label CA Glue, and applied it with a toothpick. I did the area behind the seats first then I put a couple drops where the Underbody touched the body. I did this in 4 spots and the Interior with attached Underbody are both installed in minutes.
I use the Formula 560 like a filler or putty.
Using a toothpick I put Formula 560 in the gaps between the dashboard seams. It dries clear and makes the seam less visible.

DSCN5340V_zpsc26c840c.jpg

Here is the Front Underbody in place...

DSCN5343V_zpse1f37101.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

GLASS & CHROME!

I installed The Rear Underbody along with 3 pairs of Diamond 20's Wheels & Tires and the Silhouette Exhaust Pipes!

DSCN5355V_zps5e7e8f76.jpg

I had to Modify the rear of the Bubble Top so it would fit. I used Formula 560 White Glue to glue the Bubble Top in place and the bottle to hold it flat while it dries.

DSCN5353V_zpsea151a22.jpg

Here is the Top in place!

DSCN5359V_zpsdd1edde4.jpg

The next photos of the USA-1 Transporter will be the Finished Photos, it is Done!!!

More Coming... B)

Been off the internet for awhile with other projects Ira and just got back. I started keeping up in the beginning of your build and now that I'm back.....WOW! I may have to have my jaw surgically re-attached after viewing the photos. You really did an outstanding job. This is the type of build that gets other modelers to really use their imagination on their own projects. I may be a lot of work, but the results are worth it.

Thanks for the kind words Tom!

B)

BIG PIPES!

I cut 4 lengths of Aluminum Tubing for exhaust pipes. I cleaned and sanded the ends and glued them in place with Zap-A-Gap.

DSCN5330V_zps647dc2b6.jpg

I painted the insides with Flat Black and sanded the ends smooth again.

DSCN5351V_zpsa6bc2407.jpg

Almost Finished... B)