Model Cars Magazine Forum

antena ques

I used a thin pin with a ball top to make one ... may have been an insect pin. Was painted with Alclad chrome to get the ball chrome . to the right in this pic .. it's not mounted yet

crateantenna-SWheelDSC_0793.jpg

Edited by Foxer

I used a thin pin with a ball top to make one ... may have been an insect pin. Was painted with Alclad chrome to get the ball chrome . to the right in this pic .. it's not mounted yet

crateantenna-SWheelDSC_0793.jpg

I second that! Did that for the first time about 10yrs ago, only just a regular straight pin--little drop of epoxy on the point, painted it silver.

Art

Go to a music store and you'll find ALL the guitar string that you could ever use. Get a # 12 or 13 string and it should work good for antennas and I also use it for "pinning" small parts such as side view mirrors, etc.

go to the repair department and ask for some old strings they'll likely give them to you free.

Another inexpensive material is K&S music wire! Music wire (also called piano wire) is the same stuff as guitar strings, and comes in all sizes, down to at least .015" diameter. Check the RC department of any hobby shop. It's also a lot cheaper than guitar string.

Art

Edited by Art Anderson