Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro Convertible

Rob

This is the Revell 69 Camaro Convertible kit. I also used the MCG PE set for this car, along with other various bits.

I started with the engine. I drilled the distributor and added plug wires. Then I added the dip stick, fuel line and a few other hoses. The headers that come with the kit were scrapped and a set of manifolds from another kit were used instead.

Untitled9-vi.jpg

Untitled4-vi.jpg

Untitled3-vi.jpg

After a little clean up on the engine, I started the chassis. The chassis was painted and engine installed. The the exhaust pipes were modified to work with the manifolds that I used. Then I installed the radiator support with radiator and shroud. Battery cables with PE terminals and a battery hold down were added. This pretty much completes the chassis assembly.

69CamaroConvert002-vi.jpg

69CamaroConvert020-vi.jpg

69CamaroConvert019-vi.jpg

Thanks, I'm very fond of the 69 Camaro too. I had this much done when I made my initial post, just didn't want to post a ton of pics at one time. This is the way it sits now though. I will post more when I get further along.

Thanks, I'm very fond of the 69 Camaro too. I had this much done when I made my initial post, just didn't want to post a ton of pics at one time. This is the way it sits now though. I will post more when I get further along.

Looking forward to it!

So you get real decals, and not those nasty stickers with this kit? ;) I built the Yenko version and I just loved it, so it sounds like it's time for me to build a convertible. BTW: Are the decals black/white or clear with black print so you can make them any color you want? Would really like to build a white pace car with orange stripes and orange houndstooth interior.

• 3 weeks later...