Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 '66 Shelby Mustang GT350 model

The revell kit is real nice and it is a simple kit to build. I have built many of them. Your title says your doing a 66 and that kit is the most common. The picture you posted is a 65. Revell did kit the 66 and the 65. The 65 version was only released once I believe. The reason I bring this up is that you stated that you wanted to build the most proper 66. The 66 model had more color options and Shelby tried a few more performance options in 66. All the 65 street versions were white with the blue stripes the only major option was what wheels were put on them.

Edited by Sport Suburban

The revell kit is real nice and it is a simple kit to build. I have built many of them. Your title says your doing a 66 and that kit is the most common. The picture you posted is a 65. Revell did kit the 66 and the 65. The 65 version was only released once I believe. The reason I bring this up is that you stated that you wanted to build the most proper 66. The 66 model had more color options and Shelby tried a few more performance options in 66. All the 65 street versions were white with the blue stripes the only major option was what wheels were put on them.

nice peace of info,

but i only showed how i am going to paint the car

Can you show me where I ever said to use glue for stripes? Perhaps a visit to the eye doctor is in order before you start on this project.

If you're using nothing but rattle cans, it should probably work fine since modelers have been using this method for decades. You'll want to have all applicable parts (front & rear fascias, hood etc) primered & sanded smoothly first, as he did, because paint won't hide a poorly prepped surface. Spray the body & other parts at the same time, with equal coats so the color remains consistent

Most painters say you should spray the lightest color first. If you intend to build an accurate Sheby Mustang based on that picture, Testors makes the Wimbledon White you'll need. The Ford guys on here should be able to recommend the proper glue for the stripes.

there you go

Monty

there you go

Monty

Please refer back to post #8. You'll note that the text does not contain the word glue, which should've been evident when you quoted me in post #9. Just in case you're unfamiliar with the way the forum software works, when someone goes back in to amend something they'd already posted, a dark, bolded notifier will show up at the bottom of the post. You'll notice there isn't one in post #8, whereas you apparently made some kind of change to your response in post #9, because the aforementioned notifier (Edited by cool.modelmania.cool, 16 August 2012 - 01:09 AM.) appears under your comments:

Also, is there any particular reason you feel compelled to link to my profile? To the best of my knowledge, nobody has had any trouble finding it through the usual processes.

Edited by Monty