Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tower Hobbies: excellent fast shipping!

i recently (saturday evening) ordered some kits from Tower Hobbies and despite a speed bump or two documented elsewhere, i do have to give props for their shipping. Ordered Sat approx 9PM i think and arrived Tuesday in an undamaged box. I think the only had to ship from a Reno warehouse (i think i read that somewhere along the way) but still pretty excellent service as far as shipping time goes. despite my writing elsewhere i think i will order from them again and just be more cognizant to get the order right the first time and not have to deal with the other stuff.

You are correct, one of their wharehouse's is in Reno, so for us that live in states near NV, we get our orders really fast

Ah, good to know. I've never done business w/ them. I usually buy online from Model Roundup (Georgia) or Model Express (WA/BC) for domestic kits..

Edited by Rob Hall

With all of the specials they run, I have been making most of my online purchases with Tower Hobbies. There is usually some kind of free shipping or discounts off of an order so it makes it hard to consider other companies.

I recently had a similar experience with an order placed on a Tuesday afternoon and it was at my house on Friday morning- and I live 800 miles from the warehouse!

I ordered from them today as well. It said it would show up as free shipping during checkout. Nope! $9.99 charge.

We will see about shipping.

The following will ship from Champaign, Illinois

Estimate of when you will receive your shipment: 27-Aug-2012 – 29-Aug-2012

Edited by Brian_B

I used Martinfan5's free shipping link and ordered several new Testors paints late last Friday night. They all arrived about an hour ago today. cheers2.gif

I used the same link..it showed free shipping until i went to the checkout. Not happy about that. Oh well.

Hmm...maybe! It says it shipped today. Jbwelda...how was yours shipped?

It does not say who it was shipped with nor a tracking number.

I will update when it gets in.

You should get an email with a tracking # and a link to UPS. It'll tell you when you can expect delivery.

I got an email last night from them and the free shipping code I show is 01A13 on any orders of $25 or more of SHIPPABLE merchandise. Not sure what shippable means but I guess anything not explosive?

Probably will order a couple of things this weekend.

Hope this helps a few of you.

Guest G Holding

I have used Both Tower and Model Express, and will say Dennis is always a couple of days quicker...but both ship as quick as any time is in shipping, Dennis ships 2 day priority Mail...never any damage. Tower ships UPS..5 days sometimes bent, never any damaged goods due to good packing.