Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mans ruin 1950 chevy pickup with trailer.

IMG_6341.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_6348.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

just put the foam in the paper cutter then using the measurements on the left side of it make your lines one way turn it around and go the other way.

once you have your squares you take your pencil or any other buttom maker and just lay it in the cross sections twist and your done with button tuffted upholstery.

Edited by Darren B

-Darren,

I missed your posting of how you did the cushions! THATS COOL! I will be trying that stuff out, NOT sure if it will be this build, BUT I know at some point, I'll be using that idea! It sure does look good!

It is cool, i discovered it a few years ago from a low rider modeling site. I used to use this velveteen valor looking material from a craft store it was paper thin and you could do some crazy stuff with it but I have not been able to find that stuff anymore then when I came across that other site I was like that iis the closet thing to button tufted upholstery they used to use in the old school lowriders...

Edited by Darren B

It is cool, i discovered it a few years ago from a low rider modeling site. I used to use this velveteen valor looking material from a craft store it was paper thin and you could do some crazy stuff with it but I have not been able to find that stuff anymore then when I came across that other site I was like that iis the closet thing to button tufted upholstery they used to use in the old school lowriders...

Happen to know the actual name of the stuff you used to get that was paper thin? (theres a few close out places local to me that carry a LOT of old stuff, thats decades old that might have something.....) Be worth it for me to look just incase they have some!

Happen to know the actual name of the stuff you used to get that was paper thin? (theres a few close out places local to me that carry a LOT of old stuff, thats decades old that might have something.....) Be worth it for me to look just incase they have some!

I think it was actually called velveteen, not sure thou was 1998 that I found it.  This is the car that I built with that material to give it what they call the coffin pleated look...

SANY0322.jpg

SANY0320.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

IMG_5761.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

I think it was actually called velveteen, not sure thou was 1998 that I found it.  This is the car that I built with that material to give it what they call the coffin pleated look...

SANY0322.jpg

SANY0320.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

IMG_5761.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

MAN... that does look good on those speaker boxes!!!!!

Taken some ideas from mr Darren huh? NICE work tho! Thats why this place is so good, ideas from each other builds in their own right, in their own way,......

You still make me SICK tho! :P I can't seem to find any of the girls I need for mine to get the build started as a lot of my "staging" and interior will be made to fit thew sizes of the girls!

You're making some good Darren. It's nice to see this one again.

David G.

David, thank you . I am trying to get at least 1 of the 3 now 4 year builds done, I hate having nothing on the finished shelf year after year, I have shaved down the stash of kits to keep me from starting more and concentrating on this one and the Egyptian raider build, also have the freaky tiki as well. those will be the only three that gets any attention going forward.

Taken some ideas from mr Darren huh? NICE work tho! Thats why this place is so good, ideas from each other builds in their own right, in their own way,......

You still make me SICK tho! :P I can't seem to find any of the girls I need for mine to get the build started as a lot of my "staging" and interior will be made to fit thew sizes of the girls!

John, try this site. I have not bought any as they come in pure resin and my painting skills lack a lot when it comes to the female form, mine I got in a trade here on this forum. Either try jimmy or go to the wanted or trade thread to see if someone can hook you up with the right female figures....

http://jimmyflintstonestudios.com/?product_cat=jf-figurines

David, thank you . I am trying to get at least 1 of the 3 now 4 year builds done, I hate having nothing on the finished shelf year after year, I have shaved down the stash of kits to keep me from starting more and concentrating on this one and the Egyptian raider build, also have the freaky tiki as well. those will be the only three that gets any attention going forward.

-I'm not David Darren, BUT I have to chime on your comment on the "many year projects" and nothing in that time on the "completed" DISPLAY shelf. I'm in the same boat...... I seem to have gotten one model done per year, since the day I got back into the model car & truck hobby in 2012.... SO, I know how ya feel, I got 2 right now that are so close its not even funny! Rosco's Police Cruiser, and a '68 Dodge Dart.... REAL close done on the both od those so WHEN I'm done getting "stock" piled resin parts done and cleaned and some trades completed, I'll be back building again, its no over a month since I've touched any plastic to build..... Getting bench time tho on the resin work but not the same bench time if that makes sense!

-I'm not David Darren, BUT I have to chime on your comment on the "many year projects" and nothing in that time on the "completed" DISPLAY shelf. I'm in the same boat...... I seem to have gotten one model done per year, since the day I got back into the model car & truck hobby in 2012.... SO, I know how ya feel, I got 2 right now that are so close its not even funny! Rosco's Police Cruiser, and a '68 Dodge Dart.... REAL close done on the both od those so WHEN I'm done getting "stock" piled resin parts done and cleaned and some trades completed, I'll be back building again, its no over a month since I've touched any plastic to build..... Getting bench time tho on the resin work but not the same bench time if that makes sense!

John, I was quoting David G on his response.

That is me bench time a premium and now with good weather and a new diet and regiment work out schedule for my 15 year old son leaves may be 8 hours a week and some times that is sunday night when I stay up all night to stay in sync with graveyard shift...... we all need more time for this hobby. too many ideas no time to do anything with the ideas....

That is me bench time a premium and now with good weather and a new diet and regiment work out schedule for my 15 year old son leaves may be 8 hours a week and some times that is sunday night when I stay up all night to stay in sync with graveyard shift...... we all need more time for this hobby. too many ideas no time to do anything with the ideas....

I'm with ya, I'm running graveyard shift, as a lot of the meds I'm on messes with my days & nights..... So, with that I do a lot of the out doors work in the early evening till dark...... Then turn in doors for hobby work, right now I'm working on resin parts molding & cleaning, and then planning up coming build ideas and sharing those on here.. (like between you & I) so.....

I'm with ya, I'm running graveyard shift, as a lot of the meds I'm on messes with my days & nights..... So, with that I do a lot of the out doors work in the early evening till dark...... Then turn in doors for hobby work, right now I'm working on resin parts molding & cleaning, and then planning up coming build ideas and sharing those on here.. (like between you & I) so.....

Man I hate graveyard shift, going on ten years and still hate it what resin parts you working on?

IMG_6433.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

IMG_6434.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

I did not plan on the pull out cabinet in the bed to fit the front mini stage as I just came up with that over the weekend but it fits the bed cabinet just perfect! That way it can be displayed with or with out the stage.