Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mans ruin 1950 chevy pickup with trailer.

Darren,

I had not even considered the Massage Parlor idea. Even after you added the picture of the tricked out low rider.

I guess I just got fixated on the Idea of strippers old iron   and bikers. Supporting single moms.

AS for the idea thing. I think we both do the same kind of thing. Start a project going in one direction ,

And then keep adding and or changing things until it bogs down and the ideas stop flowing !

Another thing .If your wife doesn't like the idea of the strippers. What do you think she will say to the Massage Parlor idea ?

Be Well

Gator

I know all about the ideas thing i am all out of ideas lately, life is getting in the way as well. My wife thinks I quit this build, when she seen the women on the inside of the cab walls she was like oh no your not!!!!! so I have been keeping it out of site in the man cave, thing is I have way to much invested in it to give up on it.

Edited by Darren B

I know all about the ideas thing i am all out of ideas lately, life is getting in the way as well. My wife thinks I quit this build, when she seen the women on the inside of the cab walls she was like oh no your not!!!!! so I have been keeping it out of site in the man cave, thing is I have way to much invested in it to give up on it.

Darren,

In some ways I can understand your wife not liking the theme of this build. On the other hand I think she needs to realize, understand . That your hobby is a stress reliever ,

plus being an outlet for your obvious creativity.  I showed the thread to my wife and she just laughed and said" I like it its kinda funny and he has talent".

So all I can do is try to support you through the build. And to wish you luck with your wife.

Be Well

Gator

Darren,

In some ways I can understand your wife not liking the theme of this build. On the other hand I think she needs to realize, understand . That your hobby is a stress reliever ,

plus being an outlet for your obvious creativity.  I showed the thread to my wife and she just laughed and said" I like it its kinda funny and he has talent".

So all I can do is try to support you through the build. And to wish you luck with your wife.

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator, I believe what turned her off to the build was the images I used for the interior, if you go on my website and look up strippers delight, which is the name for this build i used mans ruin to tame it down a bit to be able to post it here for more of a family type site you will probably get an idea what turned her off to it, I may have to change the interior up a bit to be more family oriented....But will still keep it under wraps just to be on the safe side.

Edited by Darren B

Darren,

I know what you mean, And having seen those images I understand having to tone it down. Before the Censor police going into action here ! lol

Be Well

Gator

Darren,

I know what you mean, And having seen those images I understand having to tone it down. Before the Censor police going into action here ! lol

Be Well

Gator

No lie!!!! Now you see what I was facing when the wifey show it, but Im thinking the images stay just need to come up with a real cool design for the seats, i think that is my stumbling block right now I think if I get over the seat design I can get back rolling with this moving adult violation vehicle......lol

• 7 months later...

IMG_3467.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_3465.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

IMG_0028.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

This is the seat for my mans ruin build so was thinking of trying this theme in the strippers delight build here....

Still working on ideas for this one, decided to change up the interior a little bit. I bought the reissued 1970 Pontiac for the scuba diving gear for my freaky tiki build and was looking at the seats going, hey if I removed the seat cushions and added lace would help to see the images better on the inside of the cab and carry on a lingerie theme as well!!!

Edited by Darren B

Darren,

NICE Work! Whats the trailer itself, from? The work you're doing here fits my Sense of humor PERFECTLY.....

Where'd you get the "dressings" on the stage? :blink: -Those fit right in my twisted sense of humor!!!!!

Edited by 426-Hemi
Added content

Darren,

NICE Work! Whats the trailer itself, from? The work you're doing here fits my Sense of humor PERFECTLY.....

Where'd you get the "dressings" on the stage? :blink: -Those fit right in my twisted sense of humor!!!!!

John,  thank you. The trailer is from the jet ski kit that came with the Harley Davidson kit that had the jet ski with it, this is the only thing that is left of that kit. I scratch built the stuff on the stage, came out ok thou working on stepping them up a bit. The women I got in a trade on this forum from another member. Hope to have more soon. Starting this Thursday I am off of work for a couple weeks so planning to get more down on it then.

Edited by Darren B

• 4 months later...

bexpr1.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jpg

IMG_6231.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

My idea for the sides of the truck I know it would really change the name of the build but the decal from the fruit t wagon looks pretty good here. The high heel will be painted of course and epoxied to the doors...

Edited by Darren B

Darren I see your back at it once again! I'm STILL trying to come up with the one I plan to do semi-like this.. Justy not "strippers".....

Might not be a bad idea to leave the "Strippers" part out of it there are going to be section of this build that I will not be able to show on this forum so yeah drop the stripper part it will be more family friendly...

John, I need more ideas start yours John!!! I would love to have you start yours, but I know how it is I have about 20 started and a full plate at home, wish I had more time to get this one finished.

Thats just it man. I ain't got "enough" to start mine!!!!! PLUS, like you, I'm "building" ideas on mine from your :P

We could toss ideas and thoughts back & forth in PM. as I KNOW some of couldn't/shouldn't be said on main screen! Or well, at least not with my twisted sense of humor!

Edited by 426-Hemi
Spelling/Typing

-NOW a question, that foam your using for the seat cushions and the running boards, how'd you get the "button" look on them? That looks GREAT!

John that sounds good hit me up private messaging we can brainstorm. The foam comes from Hobby lobby with the 40 percent off coupon makes it about $3.50. Its a cool foam that holds its shape when you shape it.

IMG_6336.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JPIMG_6337.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_6338.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JPIMG_6339.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

I use the pink tool above to make the grooves, its a paper cutter from hobby lobby about 15.00 after using the coupon from hobby lobby but i dull the round blade down with a file till it will not cut the foam in half. You can use tubing to make the button after it is grooved, but I found the best tool is an old mechanical pencil that i used an xacto blade to widen the tip a bit. The bottom thingy is brass rod that has the end crunched with a pair of pliers, some people can even use a straight edge and this to make the lines but I have had no luck with it.

John that sounds good hit me up private messaging we can brainstorm. The foam comes from Hobby lobby with the 40 percent off coupon makes it about $3.50. Its a cool foam that holds its shape when you shape it.

IMG_6336.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JPIMG_6337.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

-I like it! I just have to figure out HOW you did the "button" hold-downs that look to be "impressed" into it..... SO I had to see how you did that as I like how that looks!