Model Cars Magazine Forum

1925 Model T (FINISHED! 9/25/2012)

stevekouw

I did a little mock up today and filled in the seam around the firewall/cowl. I am using wide white slicks in the back from the AMT parts pack instead of the slicks from the kit. Going to try for primer tonight or tomorrow am depending on weather. Thanks for following and if anyone has built one of these feel free to post pics on this topic for inspiration :D

DSCF3737.jpg

DSCF3734.jpg

DSCF3735.jpg

I didn't touch the body, but I Z'd the frame at the rear and modified the floor to fit. I cut openings in the bulkhead and the rear wheel arches so the body would sit lower in the chassis rails. It was a lot of trial and error!

The windshield was a piece of clear styrene with a chrome edge made with BMF. It's just glued in the open position.

Tony

I got a little bit done this weekend so far, but not nearly as much as I wanted to. Oh well i have the next few weeks off work so I can dedicate some good time to this build. Hoping to have it done by the 22nd for the kalamazoo IPMS show. It will be a first for me.

DSCF3739.jpg

pulleys cut apart

DSCF3740.jpg

stripped chrome from generator. I will be making a bracket so it won't be "floating" :lol:

DSCF3741.jpg

Making my own headers. This is the rough start. I will clean them up a bit ;)

DSCF3742.jpg

And finally the body is in primer

DSCF3743.jpg

Thats all for now. I will have more done throughout the week.

Can tell from your work bench you're a newbie. Welcome to the best adventure a person can have with a fistful of styrene in one hand and a tube of glue in the other!

This is one of my favorite kits, plenty of opportunity to switch parts and really cool decals. Get the sister kit with the T bucket coupe.