Model Cars Magazine Forum

t bucket project

TheGrandfatherHobbies

new to the forum, but not to modeling!!! lol. this is a model i built aloooong time ago, but my 5 yr old son,ryder recently knocked it off the shelf.....so time for a rebuild!!! it originally had the bigs and littles......and a truck bed....but this is more the look im going for this time around. using parts from the new issue amt kit ill be working on this the next few weeks. progress to follow. any comments welcome! look foward to meeting you guys!

Bill

post-10540-0-81459500-1348176788_thumb.j

post-10540-0-98002400-1348176796_thumb.j

Welcome to the Forum, I think you will like it here, there is always lots of help and plenty of encouragement. If I'm not mistaking that looks like an old "Tweetie Pie " kit from Revell. It would have an opening door on the passenger side and a shorter frame then the AMT issue. Anyway, nice subject matter! I love old "T"s and there are plenty of ways to build them. I'll be watching.

Edited by rmvw guy

i also belive it is the tweedy pie, i had blue front glass and the fancy rear bumper, also the tweed was on 32 style rails.....and it looks as if it is. im doing the wheels purple as a homage to big daddys ride, and primer grey for the body. looking for a good flatty, anyone know a good kit to steal one from?? a new pic with the body sitting right is enclosed.....pics of the wheels

post-10540-0-94578400-1348190192_thumb.j

post-10540-0-94780400-1348191787_thumb.j

post-10540-0-32382600-1348191797_thumb.j

Edited by TheGrandfatherHobbies

oh man! with that huge engine you`d never keep it on the road! LOL

looking really good in the last round of pics! i really like it, thats my kinda car......ive got some cash comin in a couple months and i am hoping i can find a decent car to start a ratrod build (1:1).....but i have alot of other stuff to take care of first before i can do that....

keep it goin william, nice work

bryan

From your description of the original model it sounds like it may have been the early to mid 70's version of the Tweedy Pie which was called the "Rod Father" It used many of the same running gear as the Tweedy Pie. It had huge for the time rear slicks like 1" to 1-1/2" wide, the hollow ones that Revell was trying to pass of as tires, if I remember right the front ones were also the two piece tires with what looked like an American mag wheel on front and rear. The cutout on the right side of the body was for a huge (for scale) angle bracket that held the steering box in place. Tube rear bumper and front nerf bars were on the Tweedy Pie and Rod Father. As mentioned above the other thing that identifies this as either the Tweedy Pie or Rod Father is the opening door. What color is the plastic body? Blue would indicate the Rod Father not sure about Tweedy Pie's plastic color could be purple (Revell liked to use plastic colors near the same as the paint), the recent release looks like it's done in white. Either way sounds like you've got a "vintage" model, treat it nice!