Model Cars Magazine Forum

New to the Forum

B) Hi there everyone. I'm in Devon in the U.K. Just joined the forum today after subscribing to the Magazine. :D there are some great models on this forum.I love building all sorts of cars including hot rods ,custom cars, Japanese cars etc, both stock and modified. Please follow the link to my site and let me know what you think of my models. Visit My Website Edited by parki

Thanks randy. The road runner was a copy of a cover car on Street Machinse magazine, from the 90's. Yeah will get around to finishing it soon I hope. Bit of a chore trying to find sumwhere to build as I dont have a workbench set up. Gotta try and find room to put one. Only got a small house, no spare room. B)

Thanks steve. Ive seen some of your models in print before. I love the Star fink. gotta do a roth style build sumday. Really like your 32 as well thats in this months mag. you have some awsome builds :P

Cant wait to see it finished Darin. :P

Edited by parki

Wow, it's a small world indeed! I grew up in West Virginia, but my mother's family is from Buckfestleigh in Devon. I stayed with a friend of hers in Ashburton right across the street from the old church and cemetary there. Sorry, it's been so long I can't remember the name, I'd love to go back sometime.

That's where I saw Airfix kits in bags for the very first time, I thought I had found the deal of the century until my Mum advised me about the exchange rate between dollars and pounds!

Wow, it's a small world indeed! I grew up in West Virginia, but my mother's family is from Buckfestleigh in Devon. I stayed with a friend of hers in Ashburton right across the street from the old church and cemetary there. Sorry, it's been so long I can't remember the name, I'd love to go back sometime.

That's where I saw Airfix kits in bags for the very first time, I thought I had found the deal of the century until my Mum advised me about the exchange rate between dollars and pounds!

Wow! :o I live about twenty miles from Buckfestleigh. I'm in a local cross country running club and run out that way quite a lot. Sometimes go for a ride on the steam trains there to, from time to time. When was the last time you came over to this small part of the world ? ;) It's such a lovely place to live, (The South Hams). The only down side is that Model shows are non existant here, Apart from an IPMS show in Torquay once a year. But thats all military and figures etc, and theres no decent model shops at all. ;)

When was the last time you came over to this small part of the world ? :)

It's been a long long time, I was just starting my freshman grade, 9th grade in high school at the time , so that would have been late summer 1972!

I'm sure it's changed some since I've been there, but it always had a timeless quality to the place.

My mum's maiden name was Tucker and my gran's name was Wood.

I don't know if many of my relatives are left over there, a good portion moved to the states after the war, and quite a few more afterward.

I hope to visit again in a few years after my kids are out of high school and hopefully have their feet under them by then!

It's been a long long time, I was just starting my freshman grade, 9th grade in high school at the time , so that would have been late summer 1972!

I'm sure it's changed some since I've been there, but it always had a timeless quality to the place.

My mum's maiden name was Tucker and my gran's name was Wood.

I don't know if many of my relatives are left over there, a good portion moved to the states after the war, and quite a few more afterward.

I hope to visit again in a few years after my kids are out of high school and hopefully have their feet under them by then!

That is a long time. I was born a year after that. B) I reckon a lot of places round hear wont have changed much at all really since then especially the smaller villages. Have to let me know when you are coming over, and have to try and get together maybe? and show you round a few nice places. :)

I'll make a point to drop a note here if I do so, but don't hold your breath, still going to be busy a bit longer doing the Dad thing!

If I make it back, I think the first thing I'll do is buy a box of MilkFlakes, a can of Treacle then go find me some scones and clotted cream! :D

Maybe there'll be some new Airfix kits on the shelves by then...

I'll make a point to drop a note here if I do so, but don't hold your breath, still going to be busy a bit longer doing the Dad thing!

If I make it back, I think the first thing I'll do is buy a box of MilkFlakes, a can of Treacle then go find me some scones and clotted cream! :D

Maybe there'll be some new Airfix kits on the shelves by then...

I wouldnt hold your breath on there being any new Airfix kits on the shelves :lol: Scones and clotted cream, now your talking. Dont forget the strawberry jam! thats very important :P Anyhew better get on with some of my builds. had a very busy weekend so far, as ive been helping out with the local village fate. Pimms on the lawn and all that, wot wot :lol: