Model Cars Magazine Forum

Buying with closed eyes

Overall my luck with ebay has been good, however I am with ebay on of those people that when things go wrong they normally do in a very bad way. The worst two were situations were I never recieved a product after paying and was unable to resolve it with paypal. :mellow:

You know its funny, people complain about Ebay, I have bought a few things from Amazon the last month non model related,and have had issue's everytime, one was my fault for not paying attention, other the product I bought broke 2 hours after I got it.

I have a had a few issues buying kits, but everything turned out ok in the end

I'm on board with the most of the replies. I've had a few transactions on ebay, only 1 has gone wrong. The seller never shipped the product but i paid for it. I called Pay Pal and they had my money back with in 6 hours.

If you really got ripped off, it is your obligation to let them know.

You have to understand that ebay sellers are just trying to make a few dollars on items. So if you didn't get what you paid for, tell them. If you are only upset that the seller bought an item cheap and marked it up to sell to you. That is how every buisness works.

Best of luck to you..

If you are only upset that the seller bought an item cheap and marked it up to sell to you. That is how every buisness works.

Years ago I won an auction for 3 old promos. I wanted one of them. When I received them even the one I wanted was bad, so instead of whining back at the seller, I took some good photos and put them up for sale each in their own auction. The guy I bought them from went nuts. He started harassing me by email that I had ripped him off and how dare I take advantage of him to make a profit. He was reporting me to eBay etc. Well, I had the last laugh because each of those cars sold for more than I paid for the lot of 3! He must've been fuming!

Years ago I won an auction for 3 old promos. I wanted one of them. When I received them even the one I wanted was bad, so instead of whining back at the seller, I took some good photos and put them up for sale each in their own auction. The guy I bought them from went nuts. He started harassing me by email that I had ripped him off and how dare I take advantage of him to make a profit. He was reporting me to eBay etc. Well, I had the last laugh because each of those cars sold for more than I paid for the lot of 3! He must've been fuming!

What a dope. Did you reply to him? If so, what did you say?

What a dope. Did you reply to him? If so, what did you say?

Long time ago! I believe I ignored him but he kept sending emails.

But after that I started a buying ID separate from my sellers ID since I did buy a lot of stuff to break down into smaller lots and resell, mostly stamp and postcard items.

Edited by Tom Geiger

ebay Screwed me!!
Won an auction for a pair of Built models 61 T-Bird Hardtop, & 72 Plymouth Road Runner

Runner was molded in red & included photo-etch.

One month after the win I sent a message asking if they had been shipped.

"Wife" said Hubby had just returned/being released from the Hospital after a long stay and would take care of it soon.

3 weeks later I sent another message, this time getting No reply.

Shortly after the selling account was closed.

evilbay NEVER did anything for me and even closed the claim.

Wish I had paid by Postal MO then instead of paybay

I could have charged them with Federal Fraud/Theft.

Not even misdemeanor theft their way!!!

I Dumped paybay that day and ONLY pay with US Postal Money Order now

This was 2-3 years ago, so evilbay would not even talk to me about it now

I ask the seller before bidding, if they do not reply, or say no, I pass on their item.

I will likely get one else where. and Maybe even cheaper!!

I now have both the Styline hardtop & Full kit Convertible 61 T-Bird kits!!!!

Convert even had an extra set of Indy Pace car decals!!!!

Both are complete/restorable in box, etc!!! Neither was more than the "lost"

pair!!!

I also have 5+ Aurora 1/32 scale American LaFrance Pumper kits
(All Red Original Issue IN Box)

If I am suppose to get the Item, I do.

That is the ONLY way to look at buying from the 'Bay!!!!!!!