Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Ford Flathead Six farm truck

MkowaPhD

*More Pictures* http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/mko...20Farm%20Truck/

I started by using a resin Chevy six cylinder block from the 50 Chevy kit, making a resin copy of the Monogram V-12 head and putting it all together.

IMGA0356z.jpg

It later received a resin 57 Chrysler air cleaner...

IMGA0363z.jpg

Plenty of "Sophisticated Finishes" two part rust, body damage and my own South Carolina road dust!

IMGA0361z.jpg

I added a head lamp assembly dangling from the right front grille....

IMGA0362z.jpg

and plenty of produce!

IMGA0367z.jpg

Total build time approx. 8 1/2 hours..hey, when you are building a POS...any mistake helps!

-Mike

Edited by MkowaPhD

*More Pictures* http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/mko...20Farm%20Truck/

I started by using a resin Chevy six cylinder block from the 50 Chevy kit, making a resin copy of the Monogram V-12 head and putting it all together.

IMGA0356z.jpg

It later received a resin 57 Chrysler air cleaner...

IMGA0363z.jpg

Plenty of "Sophisticated Finishes" two part rust, body damage and my own South Carolina road dust!

IMGA0361z.jpg

I added a head lamp assembly dangling from the right front grille....

IMGA0362z.jpg

and plenty of produce!

IMGA0367z.jpg

Total build time approx. 8 1/2 hours..hey, when you are building a POS...any mistake helps!

-Mike

That truck reminds me of my high school days! When I was 16 I worked at a grocery store, and there was and old lady that drove one in worse shape than that ! when she came to the store, we would bribe some of the other carry out guys because none of us wanted to take her grocerys out because she smelled so bad! She kept an old cinder block in the bed, you had to take it out and set it on the ground so she could step on it and you had to push her into the cab! I think I paid one of the guys as much as 10$ so I wouldn't have to do it !

Great build! I won't say its nice... That would defeat your purpose! :)

How'd you get the wierd staining on the inside right bed rail?

Steve: I used a brown acryllic...let it dry and painted "the Detailer" blac lightly over it. As it was still we, I shot a coat of clear flat over it. It made it look like termites or wood bees burrowed into it!

-Mike