Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Corvette 'Sock it to Me' ?

CEKPETHO BCE

23 hours ago, Mark said:

It is what it is.  Differences in proportions and shapes between different manufacturers' versions of the same car used to bug the heck out of me, now I see them as interesting.  Each kit is a document of the period in which it was made, and the methods that were used in creating it (which differed between companies also).  

It's hard to figure how the headlamps on the '62 got so small...the annual kits are better in that respect.  

Totally agree with your point: "It is what it is."

I built this kit in 1990 in a stock-ish form when I was returning to the hobby as a young adult. I appreciated the history of the kit in terms of the experience of building AMT/SMP annuals in the early '60s.

I learned that the kit had drawbacks including inaccuracies and warpage. Despite this, I would build this kit again in the future but only as a much modified gasser or Bonneville runner.

20 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

That looks great.

Anybody who was good with building this kit pretty much the way it comes (with no heavy mods) should be happy with your results. :D

Yah, that's what I say--that's about the best that can be done with the dreck that comes in that box. B)