Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 63 t.bird

Revell Of Germany also boxed them.

The Rev kits only came in the Regular color option. I have the T-Bird with a Red body.

Let me see if I have any of my Gunze Sangyo collection uploaded to my Photobucket.

I have SEVERAL of these kits!!!!!

Ok, just uploaded them.

Here is the regular Blue body;

63T-Bird-B_zps368ddfb5.jpg

Here is the lower production "Red" body:

63T-Bird-R_zps5f1d329f.jpg

The boxes shown are Original issue

"Hobbies Unlimited", where I bought the Built one, Closed 25-35 Years ago!!!!

I Built it NEW, along with the other 2 kits at the time the 59 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and Impala convertibles.

Sold the Impala about 10 years after building it!!

Check the Gunze Folder. It shows ALL kits offered, though not all issues of each.

The 55 Nomad & 57 Bel Air are the 2 hardest to find. The 57's interior is Not correct

for either Coupe Or convertible.

The 57 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham uses the 59 Eldorado's chassis & interior only having new side panels!!

Edited by Edsel-Dan

Thought I had this info here, The 3 original kits, and the 57 Caddy Brougham Do have 2 set's of rims,

Stock Hubcaps (59 caddy Sombraro's in the 57 Brougham due to using that kit's chassis/seats/wheels, etc)

And Wire rims.

I think the 63 T-Bird set are suppose to be representations of the optional K-H wires T-Birds could come with.

The 3 blade knock-off/spinner is also used in the Stock hubcap as the center detail

The 55 Nomad was re-issued as a Custom with Gold chrome an Wires added.

I have only seen the 59 Cadillac convertible in Custom version like it so do not know if all,most,

or any others than those 2 were so offered

The 59 Caddy, Impala & T-Bird Original kits had provision for Motorizing, so those 3 have large toneau covers.

The T-Bird's being a copy of the "Sports-Roadster" hard fiberglass piece.

I have the 59 caddy & impala, the wire wheels are the same, they don't look like the real KH wires I have seen, the photos of the tbird wire wheels look exactly like the impala nd caddy wire wheels. I feel it's safe to assume the kit makers didn't make a special KH wire wheel mold since they already had a decent looking wire wheel set in these kits (even though it doesn't look like real KH wires IMHO).

The KH wire wheels I've seen that had the tri-tip spinner was inset into the wheel lug cap, these kit wire wheels don't seem to represent that style.

Edited by blunc

The Wires in the Bird kit use the knock-off/Spinner that was also used in the

center of the stock hubcap. It was a separate piece.

I can dig them out and show, or even post the instruction page showing those parts.

I was only guessing as to whether they were suppose to represent a specific brand rim.