Model Cars Magazine Forum

6 rotor is alive

Wow, 800+ at the wheels!!! That it crazy. What type of motor is that, it sounds pretty crazy?

That care is a Mazda RX-2 or 3 (I'm not sure) running a Wankel Rotary engine, the same type of engine used in the RX-7/8 sports cars.

Very potent engines when they're built and maintained properly.

Charlie Larkin

Yeah it does sound good at idle.

Not being a smart ass or anything like that.

But I rather prefer the sound of a V8 at high revs any day.Especially one built by Nelson Racing Engines.

Dont get me wrong, I do give credit to the work that has gone into the engine and its performance figures.

But it may be labeled as street registered but that doesnt necessarily make it street legal.

It wouldnt last 5 minutes on the street where im from,cops would defect it in an instance of seeing and hearing it.

Which is kinda irrelevant as I presume the car will be on a drag strip more than the street.

Just saying

Edited by Cool Hand

Yeh no chance of being legal here but in NZ it can be,would most likely be muffled up quite abit,car is built purely for the street and will hit the 1/4 but won't be set up for strip only,I really think the engine would excel in a circuit car or dedicated drag car.

That care is a Mazda RX-2 or 3 (I'm not sure) running a Wankel Rotary engine, the same type of engine used in the RX-7/8 sports cars.

Very potent engines when they're built and maintained properly.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it was actually a rotary engine based off of what you said, I just had no idea they could make that much power. Awesome car!