Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Buick Custom

Guest Davkin

Guest Davkin

This was just a quickie project. I used the AMT '66 Buick Riviera and just shaved the trim off except for the windshield and rear window. It's built curbside. The tires are from the Lindberg '53 Ford and the wheels from the AMT '62 Pontiac. The paint is Testors Honduras maroon laquer with the Testors laquer clear. The display base was made primarly using Plastruct vacuuformed sheet and paint.

66buick-09.JPG

66buick-10.JPG

David

Guest rick r

Great build!

The Rivs are about the best ever GM styling job, I had a real one back in the 80s, gresat car!

I've never seen the Pontiac wheels used like that, great idea! Design guy John Meuller worked really hard to put those wheels in that kit, then by the time the kit came out AMT had been sold and the kit was rarely seen. Had a great set of parts... Lakes pipes, tube grille, open rims, button-tufted seats and side panels. Did you do anything with the interior? Motor? It looks great to me, congrats!

Rick Rothermel

Guest rick r

Great build!

The Rivs are about the best ever GM styling job, I had a real one back in the 80s, gresat car!

I've never seen the Pontiac wheels used like that, great idea! Design guy John Meuller worked really hard to put those wheels in that kit, then by the time the kit came out AMT had been sold and the kit was rarely seen. Had a great set of parts... Lakes pipes, tube grille, open rims, button-tufted seats and side panels. Did you do anything with the interior? Motor? It looks great to me, congrats!

Rick Rothermel

whats up, i recently went to a antique co-op store where i live and i bought this same riviera. i havent opened the box yet but for a month ive aching to get at her because of the long body. i jus hope it comes out as clean as this one. nice