Model Cars Magazine Forum

blair,

this body style has always been my favorite. i had always wanted a real one, and finally got one. then, because of circumstances, had to sell it. someday, i'll own another, but until then, i'll tinker with the kits.

your builds, along with dr cranky have inspired me to do the weathered, beaten version. especially your diorama. it is awesome. hope mine will look as good when it's finished.

thanks for looking...dave

thanks!

derick---kitchen table resins-he had one left, was lucky to get it

richard--about the same dents as the original! but i didn't know styrene was hard to dent and make it look realistic. much easier to dent the real thing!

IMG_1926_zps94fddef4.jpga few more pictures...the salting, and, after applying the yellow/cream final coat. this truck came from the factory in k.c. in sheridan blue(dark, almost black), was purchased by a caterpillar dealer in the area, and painted caterpillar yellow. it was used as the shop/service truck for several years. years later,(after alot of fading) i purchased it. the color of the 1:25 is now very close to the color of the 1:1 that i owned.IMG_1927_zps4143e9af.jpgIMG_1927_zps4143e9af.jpg49f1001_zpsefdf3e8a.jpg49f1002_zps947e5bee.jpg49f1003_zps51406e97.jpg49f1004_zps6eba70d3.jpg49f1005_zps1897bdda.jpg49f1006_zpsb06c2a0b.jpg

thanks george!

rob, thanks for that suggestion. i'm still working on the paint(or lack of). got the running boards painted and washed, and some streaks of darker yellow. i'll post more pictures in a few days. i'll definitely do the alcohol/and toothbrush procedure. :)

thanks again-dave