Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sock it to me 62 corvette gasser

brett, I have heard from some reliable sources that its not even assured that that 12 pack contains an orange one......jump in if you can shed any light.............ace... :o

That's how Round2 describes it - "1 kit per master carton". It might be possible that it's just a random 1 in 12 off the production line and some cases contain 2 and some 0. We don't open kit boxes, so I don't know for sure, and I haven't heard of anyone opening all 12 kits in a case just to look for one.

• 9 months later...

Here is mine I'm curious if they have any value I'm kinda sad to just leave it in the box.

Build it! Dare to be different.

I had a guy at a flea market get pissed cuz I wanted to unseal a vintage kit that I was interested in. I finally laid my money down and said "If it what it should be in the box, I'll take it. If it is not, I am taking my money" I opened and it was what it was supposed to be. Then he went on to tell me I "destroyed" the value. I just looked at him and said "I'm building it, I do not care"

And as an FYI, the factory shrink wrap can be duplicated.

thanks to joe, dave, and mark for your nice comments....I have not been on this site too much lately, and have not built a darn thing for ages. however, mark has asked about the wheels on this build,...all I did was paint the rough areas of the centers with humbrol metal cote aluminum. its fast and easy, and gives them a nicer look, I feel. thanks, mark, for asking..........the ace..... ;)

mark, you may find that the rims in this kit are a bit rough as far as the casting goes, the slots may need some fixing. they seem to be varying in size, shape, and the sets I have look a tad jagged in the slot openings. once cleaned up and massaged a little, painting the centers really helps to make them a sharper deal......hope this helps, look forward to seeing yours built. this ol gal always get bashed badly compared to newer kits, but its still and old favorite...the ace.... :D

mark, you may find that the rims in this kit are a bit rough as far as the casting goes, the slots may need some fixing. they seem to be varying in size, shape, and the sets I have look a tad jagged in the slot openings. once cleaned up and massaged a little, painting the centers really helps to make them a sharper deal......hope this helps, look forward to seeing yours built. this ol gal always get bashed badly compared to newer kits, but its still and old favorite...the ace.... :D

Really? Something happened along the way then. The slotted wheels were included in my Coddington American Hot Rod edition and they were perfect.

thanks, dan, for your comment. oh, andy, re. those vette wheels....I found that all the sets I have in my other 3 sock it to me vettes suffer from being a bit rough around the edges. all can be fixed up a little, and still quite useable. I do not have other amt 62 vette issues to compare, but will suffer along with these..lol........the ace....... :P