Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 71 Plymouth Hemi Cuda, with Cragars

damop6v8

That's a nice looking 'Cuda Damian! I really like the color of it and the wheels set it off! I built one a year or so ago in a similar style with Centerline wheels. I couldn't commit to the billboard decals on mine. After looking at yours, I'm considering them again. I may have to do a wheel swap on it also. Nice work!

Hi guys,

Just finished this mighty Mopar, Pretty much out of the box ,Paint is from my local auto store here in England called halfords, goes on nice for a spray can, still need to give a final polish.

Wheels are traditional Cragar 5 spokes with slicks on the rears for a bit of weekend strip action.

I love Mopars, have a 71 Charger, two 69 chargers & a 69 Super Bee yet to build.

Cheer Damian.

71cuda_zpsa2d031f2.jpg

71cuda5_zps5f9c19a1.jpg

71cuda2_zpsc0e52075.jpg

71cuda1_zpsd9c780dc.jpg

71cuda7_zpsf4347712.jpg

71cuda8_zps21354544.jpg

71cuda6_zps8e98f078.jpg

71cuda4_zpsf330a5c2.jpg

71cuda9_zpsdb3af36d.jpg

71cuda70chal69dodge_zps35d82b36.jpg

looks nice!!!

Hi Guys, Firstly sorry for my late reply, have not been near my PC over the weekend, secondly WOW ! was not expecting so many really nice replies and comments, big thank you to you all, much appreciated indeed :-)

The paint actual colour is Rover Opaline Metallic Green with a laquar top coat. I wasnt sure at first but now seeing the end result, it really does work with the car and the black rear graphics, white/black interior.

The rear Cragars are from an after market but cannot think what he brand was called, they did the goodyear polygas tyres with it, about 3pairs of wheels and tires.

The front narrow Cragars are from another supplier that came with the narrow tires and wide slicks for which I'll use on my 69 Charger Dick Landy project, there is a thread I've started but yet to finish the model.

Anyway heres some pics of the 70 T/A Challenger for Gene and a couple of the Charger.

Chees guys, will get some more mopars finished & get em posted! Regards Damian

BTW: This is my real english muscle car project, just rebuilt the engine, its 1972 Rover P6 3500 V8, buick engine, I fitted the Cragars, bodywork in Red Cellulose, I painted n prepped two panels at a time in my single garage, labour of love ..I love it!

70TAdodge.jpg

dodge70TA.jpg

blue69dodge1.jpg

blue69dodge2.jpg

blue69charger3.jpg

fin63.jpg

• 1 month later...