Model Cars Magazine Forum

Instagram

Kaleb

I'm not sure who has, or who has thought of this. But Ihave been seeing a lot of cars on Instagram, along with a lot of places of business. Gregg or Harry have you guys thought about creating an account for IG? You can post directly to FB from there. I also understand that this would take time to post pictures etc etc. maybe a third party could act on your behalf. And post pics from the magazine or builders cars from news to pros. While we can't post every car it would help some on Instagram that don't know about this place. I have other ideas as well. Just wanted to put the feelers out there to see what everyone thought.

Unless you have a fancy cell phone , you really can't utilize this . I'm not investing in a cell phone outside of a simple one to make phone calls . People that want to reach me can P- M here or e-mail or call the office ...............

It's more for mcm to reach people that don't have facebook like me and never heard about this place. So mcm would have their own IG and post builds from here and from others that have been published in the magazine. I'm not asking anyone to set up an account that can't.

• 1 month later...

I started an Instagram for modelcars plastic to diecast. @modelcars

Ill give this a try and see how it goes. Follow the IG and tag me and I'll repost. If those who want to be posted and don't have an IG pm or email me a pic @ j_brinsfield@hotmail.com . I will only use your forum display name not your real name. Hopefully this will boost some extra view for the website as well.

• 3 months later...

I started this awhile back and mentioned it here. For those interested check out @modelcars from diecast to plastic. Tag us in your photos and we will repost them. Obviously we won't be able to feature everyone of them. Post your ig name and we will follow back.

I've contacted a couple of builders here asking for permission to post a picture of their build. Which lead me to think, why spend hours contacting and waiting. Now I know not everyone will remember this, but if you would like me to post a pic of your car in IG, all credit goes to you. Please let me know, in the post or by pm. I would really like to get this off the ground.

If your on there, in which I have started following a few of you guys. Look for the hashtags

#modelcar, modelcars, modelcarsmag, modelcarsmagazine,

• 1 month later...

Yes I am posting again,

When I first posted this modelcars on Instagram we had a few followers. Now it's pushing 300 now I'm getting a lot of pics from these guys and gals. I understand most people want to see if I stand by my word of recognizing them as the builders. I did. to know at that time you can log on to Instagram through their website. What I would like to do is post the wips and underglass builds from here. From those that give me permission. There are a few people on here that have accounts and they can keep me in check to make sure I give the proper credit.

Here is what I'm looking to post

Trucks of all scales

Cars of course. Really would like to post the big boys too

Race cars

And even dioramas.

Also we really really really need tutorials

Now we have an email set up if you have other builds or even a tutorial at igmodelcars@gmail.com

Instagram?

The easiest way to describe it Lee, is a photo-sharing service.

I personally view it primarily as a tool for a lot of teens and 20-somethings who can't even be bothered to read text-ease (if you can even call that a language) and want things as a visual-only, or pretty close to it. For some of these attention-span-less people, even a short caption on Photobucket makes their brains hurt. Or if they simply want to send annoying/risque/silly pictures to one another.

With my personal opinion/body-slam articulated...

It can be, if used properly, be a very effective marketing tool and a very effective way to promote causes and ideas. I've been taking some classes in social media in sales and marketing, and it does have some good possibilities for promoting the hobby to younger people.

I personally have no use for it, but I'm actually glad Joshua took the initiative to do this, because if it is being done right (and it sounds like it is), this can only help us.

Charlie Larkin