Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible

chaotle80

Nice work, sweet build, but one thing I have noticed about every Revellogram Cuda build I have seen, no one glues on the fron pan, and fills the side seam. It is a incorrect seam, and easy to fix. I have done it on both my Cuda builds. Here is one of them, and a pic of the real car. The real seam is in front, outside of the turn signal/marker light. Nice work otherwise.

7de6051c6c.jpg

richard71cuda04.jpg

Edited by midnightprowler

Nice work, sweet build, but one thing I have noticed about every Revellogram Cuda build I have seen, no one glues on the fron pan, and fills the side seam. It is a incorrect seam, and easy to fix. I have done it on both my Cuda builds. Here is one of them, and a pic of the real car. The real seam is in front, outside of the turn signal/marker light. Nice work otherwise.

7de6051c6c.jpg

richard71cuda04.jpg

Nice FY1 'Cuda , Lee ! I just bought an aerosol can of GY3 and TB3 in Acrylic Enamel (single-stage) from work , and am going to use them on the 1971 Satellite (GY3) and the 1971 'Cuda (TB3) .

Would you be willing to share your way of correcting that fascia ? I also recognise that the Satellite-come-GTX has a similar problem .

My apologies to the original poster , Marcus , for my oversight , as I neglected to give his build its proper recognition .

That paint is gorgeous , Marcus ! It looks like a really neat metallic version of Chrysler's Sublime / Lime Lite .

You have a super nice , clean 1971 'Cuda there , Marcus !

Keep up the great work !

Being a Mopar guy, I agree with everyone else, really nice 'Cuda & great colour!

As far as the front fascia/grill mods goes, it's a fairly simple modification. Glue the whole part into place from the sides, don't glue the top section of the grill to the body, just the sides where the seams meet. Let it dry then cut ( saw if possible ) new seam lines as shown in the pics, where the correct lines should be. Take out the newly cut section of the grill/fascia & fill in the old seam lines with putty etc & smooth out. Easy.

null_zps864b402d.jpg

null_zps54959c74.jpg

Cheers Cliff

7de6051c6c.jpg

richard71cuda04.jpg

I've mentioned that before on builds of Barracuda/Cuda/Challenger models. Doesn't take much to fill it in and re-scribe the panel lines in either body...