Model Cars Magazine Forum

King Cobra Torino

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A word for anyone buying the resin one from Jimmy Flintstone, I bought one several years ago and mine was significantly smaller than 1/25 scale. The difference was about as much as there is between 1/2 and 1/25. I'm going to end up cutting the nose off and grafting it onto the Revell body because otherwise nothing from the kit will fit, even the wheelbase of the resin body is shorter than the plastic body. The resin body will also have the incorrect rear quarter panels from the early releases of the Revell Torino that have been fixed in the newest green car version that is out now.

Here is a pic of the one I bought. It works with the Revell kit and looks pretty good. I have had this one for many years. I bought it in 2007 and still plan to build it someday. I don't know if the kit has been updated but it did come with decals.

And for comparison sake. This is Mini Exotics kit that is no longer available. It is based on the old AMT kit and is 1/25. It also had the nose bent down and needs to be straitened. This was done to get it to fit into the box.

• 3 weeks later...