Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rebuilding a couple of JoHan 1967 Cadillacs.

Ron Hamilton

Several years ago, I acquired a couple of built-up custom version JoHan 1967 Cadillac Devilles. One a coupe, and one a convertible. They were missing most of the Replica Stock pieces, but most of them were available through the Modelhaus. The parts that were not available were acquired by rooting throgh mine, and other parts boxes at the model club meetings and with various vendors at various contests I have gone to over the years.

At this paint, I have everything I need to get the projects going. I have stripped, cleaned up, and added the body separation lines to both bodies.

DSCF3657_zps17b50aee.jpg

DSCF3660_zpsbf80451f.jpg

DSCF3662_zpsf2dc67aa.jpg

DSCF3664_zps871cf9fc.jpg

My plan for these are to build them as Replica Stock 1967 Cadillac Devilles. The Convertible will be Black on Black, and the Coupe de Ville will be either Dark Metallic Blue, or Light Metallic Green, with a coordinating interior.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

I can see Boss Hogg sat on the rear seat of the convertible already! LOL....

I'll be watching the rebuilds, these kits are really clean, they'll look awesome when rebuilt!!

:wub:

Thank you for the comments. They were not very good looking when I started on them . Both were painted, and customized. It took about a month on each, cleaning, stripping, and repairing the foibles on each of them.

By the way, I have a rather nasty resin '70 convertible I may get the urge to work on after I get through a few projects.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

• 4 weeks later...