Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slump bustin 57 whatchamacallit

codie27

Hello folks. This is what I'm hoping is my slumpbuster, i got to a point where i lost interest so much I boxed up all my supplies kits and unfinished builds...anyway, I bought my all time fave car and decided if this didn't break the slump nothin will!! Im tryin to build this as my ideal 57 Kustom and my idea of pulling that off is what id call a factory parts bin special. So far I've modded the grille to fit two 57Corvette grilles, 57 Buick inspired trim,the gauge pod and trim is designed with the 57 Olds in mind. Wheels are also from 57 Corvette...not sure yet what the color will be...thinkin maybe Cyan blue and a heavy metal flake silver roof. Ideas..comments ...criticisms welcome. Enjoy post-5297-0-26615700-1371814789_thumb.jppost-5297-0-71679900-1371814821_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, I got in a fair bit of building time while the forum was down so I can post some updates. Got the interior done and added some extra detail,the door and winder handles are all made from pins. The dash is a 57 Oldsmobile its not an exact replica but it was the best i could do.