Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Rocket Bunny 86 kit whats in the box review pg5

I dont know James if we can say its in stock, all the ones that they got in where all spoken for, so really, all that first shipment of kits did was fill orders :lol:

Just paid for my three, and depending on how back logged HLJ is , I should have them soon

Edited by martinfan5

I dont know James if we can say its in stock, all the ones that they got in where all spoken for, so really, all that first shipment of kits did was fill orders :lol:

Just paid for my three, and depending on how back logged HLJ is , I should have them soon

Well the Volk Racing kit (black one) was in Low Stock at HLJ earlier today, I dunno if they sold the rest by now or not. But there were a couple available if you made it in time.

I got my purchase order for two (one of each) about an hour ago. Might be time to clean out the PW, I have 9 kits in there.

Edited by niteowl7710

Well the Volk Racing kit (black one) was in Low Stock at HLJ earlier today, I dunno if they sold the rest by now or not. But there were a couple available if you made it in time.

I got my purchase order for two (one of each) about an hour ago. Might be time to clean out the PW, I have 9 kits in there.

Similar here..I had preordered the red one (Enkei) but it went to backorder on me a couple days ago..so I cancelled that one and bought the black one (Volk) today..seems only the wheels, decals, and body color differ.. might be time to clean out the PW, I have 6 kits and 2 wheel/tire sets in mine. Or I'll wait until the end of the month to see if more of my backorder or preorder items come in (I have 9 kits on back order, 5 on pre order and 4 sets of wheels on pre order)

Similar here..I had preordered the red one (Enkei) but it went to backorder on me a couple days ago..so I cancelled that one and bought the black one (Volk) today..seems only the wheels, decals, and body color differ.. might be time to clean out the PW, I have 6 kits and 2 wheel/tire sets in mine. Or I'll wait until the end of the month to see if more of my backorder or preorder items come in (I have 9 kits on back order, 5 on pre order and 4 sets of wheels on pre order)

James and myself just shipped 9 kits from HLJ, we are sort of having a race if you will :lol:

My shipping total was $59 though FedEx for 8 kits and a resin trans kit

James and myself just shipped 9 kits from HLJ, we are sort of having a race if you will :lol:

My shipping total was $59 though FedEx for 8 kits and a resin trans kit

To make that clear we EACH shipped 9 kits a piece...so 18 of the finest Japanese styrene kits (or 17 kits and one resin conversion) will be airlifted through Alaska by the weekend.

Edited by niteowl7710

You are just going to have to wait tell they get restocked, check ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aoshima-07631-TOYOTA-86-2012-Greddy-Rocket-Bunny-Volk-Racing-Ver-1-24-scale-kit-/390699951280?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item5af78824b0

This is not my usual model, but that thing is way too cool - awesome looking car. I ordered the black one from Tokyo Hobby - great seller.

Edited by Erik Smith

Lovely. Do you think it will happen before Christmas?

Yes, check the link the posted :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aoshima-07631-TOYOTA-86-2012-Greddy-Rocket-Bunny-Volk-Racing-Ver-1-24-scale-kit-/390699951280?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item5af78824b0

This is not my usual model, but that thing is way too cool - awesome looking car. I ordered the black one from Tokyo Hobby - great seller.

Didnt see that when I looked

Here is the other version

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aoshima-07624-TOYOTA-86-2012-Greddy-Rocket-Bunny-Enkei-Ver-1-24-scale-kit-/321248856646?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item4acbec8a46

Edited by martinfan5

Get out of My Double Secret Ebay Hobby shop!!! LOL..

No.. Seriously... Grrrrrrr

Mine too..have bought a few items from TH...good service and they seem to always have items that other Japanese shops have as 'out of stock'...

Not to divert the thread too much…but my last order from TH was returned mid-ship because the label was torn off - so TH paid to express mail the model from Japan - showed up in THREE DAYS! That's service.

Not to divert the thread too much…but my last order from TH was returned mid-ship because the label was torn off - so TH paid to express mail the model from Japan - showed up in THREE DAYS! That's service.

Thats awesome, I have always received great service from TH as well

As promised for the few on here that will care, after a bit of delay, the Rocket Bunny kits have arrived , I am going to cover both kits , as there really isnt much different other then the wheels and decals, and one has the a P/E set included. I am only going to provided pictures of one set of tree pics , as those are going to be same in both kits, and are the same in all the previous 86 kits .

I failed to included some useful information in my hast to get this posted, both of these kits include both RHD/LHD options, as well decals to do either the US spec Scion FRS, or the EU Spec GT 86

Up First is the Volk Racing version, this one is molded in black
IMG_1006_zpsad32831e.jpg
IMG_1007_zpsb3e00bec.jpg
IMG_1009_zps720c723d.jpg
IMG_1010_zps56e180eb.jpg
IMG_1011_zps9cb33b72.jpg
IMG_1012_zps7c49d827.jpg
IMG_1013_zps55be65f0.jpg
IMG_1014_zps780373db.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Not shown in Jonathan's pictures are the P/E Winglets for the Enkei (Red) 86 kit.

post-6831-0-53019500-1384896013_thumb.jp

These were a special for the 1st run of kits, and will not be in subsequent runs (next one is scheduled for January - so it's gonna be a wait till more are available). There are plastic versions identical to the P/E pieces on the runner as seen in the photos.

Not shown in Jonathan's pictures are the P/E Winglets for the Enkei (Red) 86 kit.

attachicon.gifDSC01379 (1280x792).jpg

These were a special for the 1st run of kits, and will not be in subsequent runs (next one is scheduled for January - so it's gonna be a wait till more are available). There are plastic versions identical to the P/E pieces on the runner as seen in the photos.

I thought I posted it, thanks James