Model Cars Magazine Forum

'59 Chevy Advance Scout Truck - African Airstream Caravan

Thanks for your interest Mark and Richard. Much appreciated. Alright Mark - you got your wish. :D

Well fellas, here's the making of a scale vintage toilet. I used a solid wheel from the DDragster kit and trimmed the heck out of it. Then added a piece on the back for the vertical vent pipe and the holes for the seat hinge. Its now in light grey primer. For the base, I used a metal capacitor as the upright and trimmed the bottom off. The flat part on the bottom is actually from an aluminum rivet. I created a foot lever plunger from printing plate.

Here's a pic.

2v2uDumyqxAhY3V.jpg

Here's the bowl compared to the other rim from the DDragster.

2v2uDumnNxAhY3V.jpg

The bowl will get a shot of gloss white to represent porcelain and I'll make a lid and seat out of styrene.

Thanks for your interest and following along. DSC's deadline is looming so I hope to get a bunch done this weekend.

Edited by gasser59

Brad........hope you get some bench time this weekend.........these are the stages of the build that is very satisfying .........you should be able to knock this out for DSC 2015...........see you in a few weeks.........anybody having a BBQ after the show?

Brad........hope you get some bench time this weekend.........these are the stages of the build that is very satisfying .........you should be able to knock this out for DSC 2015...........see you in a few weeks.........anybody having a BBQ after the show?

John,

Of course we're having a BBQ afterwards! This is DESERT SCALE CLASSIC!!

This year it will be on-site!

Tell your friends and load up the cars! The highway from CA is wide open!! LOL.

Looking forward to seeing you guys next month! B)

A little DSC promo in my thread...perfect. Thanks Danno.

A bit of work done last night. I started attaching the aluminum skins on both sides of the shell. I started at the bottom and worked my way up by gluing from the inside with Zap-A-Gap. Still more to glue.

Here's a few progress pictures.

Here's the curbside.

2v2uDJJtGxAhY3V.jpg

And the streetside.

2v2uDJJA5xAhY3V.jpg

While taking pictures this morning, I noticed the bathroom door warped along the grain of the wood. I'm hoping its the local humidity since its been raining all night and continues this morning. If it sets, I'll have to figure out how to straighten it.

2v2uDJByjxAhY3V.jpg

Stay tuned.

Edited by gasser59

Brad... I love how creative you are when it comes to building. Totally cool how you used a rim to turn it into a toilet. This is looking killer with the skins mocked up. I can not wait to see what you share with us next. Glad to see you getting bench time in buddy!!

John... before you know it you will be doing the same as Brad and I .... :P:lol:;)

Brad... I love how creative you are when it comes to building. Totally cool how you used a rim to turn it into a toilet. This is looking killer with the skins mocked up. I can not wait to see what you share with us next. Glad to see you getting bench time in buddy!!

John... before you know it you will be doing the same as Brad and I .... :P:lol:;)

Chris........I don`t think so.......I`m like a loaded rocket out of control........I`m on a mission........I have 100`s of models to build :D

Lmao Johnny Boy.... i have been laying body filler on the funny car body. I want to have the body in Primer for the DSC ;)

Brad... dor every build I get done John builds a Bakers Dozen.... in that time frame... LMAO

Hey! Leave me out of this. Besides, it takes me about twenty years to build a dozen! :P

OK fellas. I've been working mostly on getting the shell together with the interior and exterior skins. Its been taking a long time thought because of gluing a portion of the skin and holding it together with tiny cloth pins and letting it thoroughly dry before moving on to the next section. While sections were drying, I went to work on other things. Added heater hoses with PE clamps to them, worked a bit on the shell marker lights. I had a couple of them and asked the MasterCaster to make me a few more so I have 8 of them. The resin ones will get some BMF and Tamiya transparent orange or red paint. Also been working on the toilet seat. Now I have to say it seems really weird to be speaking of building a scale toilet on here. Probably not many of them on this forum. LOL

Here's a couple of pictures.
2v2uDEe3WxAhY3V.jpg

2v2uDEeUnxAhY3V.jpg

2v2uDEe9qxAhY3V.jpg

Thanks for your interest and following along. So much more to do to get finished for DSC in less than two weeks.

Edited by gasser59