Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 DODGE DART "HEMI" old school

MichaelJ

This is my version of a cert. replica.

Wire'd and plum'd, pie cut slick's, open header's, hood pin's, window pull strap's, window sticker and warning label,

trunk batt., air intake srceen's,---Like it came off the truck.!

Take a look, and all coment's are welcome.!

033_zpscfac059e.jpg

062_zpsc937c104.jpg035_zpsfbcddb55.jpg040_zps7d9ccd7f.jpg054_zps720e97ab.jpg051_zps278e7688.jpg

039_zps8d145943.jpg

061_zps79130c3d.jpg

037_zpsd2a59138.jpg

Thanx for look'n.

Michaelj (Bonz).

I got a question about the color of the engine compartment on these. These cars where originally primer with black fenders and hood cause they where glass . So under the hood, would they of been left in primer when Hurst put the Hemi in? Or did Chrysler paint under there black before shipping them out? Or did Hurst paint it black before the Hemi was dropped in?

I like the trunk too- and as I said, this is my version...At least I got the pull strap's for the window's right.BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!

I do'nt belieive this version even came with a spare tire,,just the floor cover.

Edited by MichaelJ

Well he did say all comments are welcome. From what I see of the pictures, he pretty much built a 1:1 replica of the LO23 Dart. With also saying "Like it came off the truck". So once reading that, one would expect to see a car that looks fully like one would in 68. It was very well done, till I seen the trunk lid and how it opened. So I just pointed it out. Maybe the guy never seen a Dart trunk open? And from others comments, I guess they haven't either. So I guess I just didn't expect to see a customized trunk lid on a otherwise period correct car :unsure: