Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg 1/32 1976 Ford Granada

Maindrian Pace

Neat. I had one of those Monarchs when I was a kid. In fact I had pretty much all those 1/32 Lindbergs. Then I sold them all because I wanted all my models in the same (1/25th) scale. Yours is the nicest one I've every seen built.

Thanks Sean. I can't say it's the nicest one I've seen built, because it's the only one I've seen built.

-MJS

I also had a 1:1 Monarch back in the day. I got mine in 1981 from a friend whose father had been transferred to England, and left the car sitting. It was a 1977 4 door sedan, v8, that typical silver with a blue vinyl roof and blue bucket seat interior with a console. It was very unusual to have a 4 door with buckets and a console (same console / shifter that was in a Mustang) in those days so I thought that was very cool. I got the car for $600 since they wanted to get rid of it, the vinyl top was bad, it had a dent in the front left fender and the paint suffered the flaking issue that all those silver cars did in the day.

I didn't know about paint stripper back then, so I spent the summer sanding the car panel by panel to get rid of all that bad silver paint. It was the consensus of my friends that it all needed to go! So I reprimed it panel by panel, and I sanded the roof and primed it for a new vinyl top. Come fall, I got a better job and we decided to buy a new family car, so I sold the Monarch, in primer, to a guy for $2000. He got it painted dove gray (to avoid the silver issues) and even painted the roof instead of adding a top.

Anyway, I love those Lindberg 1/32s especially since they did a lot of cars that were never done in any other manner. I have the Monarch, Granada, T-Bird, Gremlin, Charger, Cordoba and a bunch of others.

MVC003S-vi.jpg

A few more of the Lindbergs, Monte Carlo, Buick Century and Pontiac Grand Prix

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry I missed this the first time around. Very nicely done, Mike.

I remember Granadas well. They were all over the place well into the early 1990s around here, and almost all of them in either silver or red.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Charlie. I remember them too ovah theyah, I was born in Boston and raised in Newton Center.

Mike, great build on an unusual subject. It's really nice, just like the Monarch you built. I love'em!

Thanks Roy.

-Mike