Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Rasty S13 Silvia

martinfan5

that's pretty sweet, got a couple questions though:

open hood, but no engine? is there another issue of this car with engine detail that could be swapped under this body? do you think eventually there might be? and what is that plate kinda thing in the area the hood will fit into? is it just scrap plastic or is it some sort of body panel or maybe engine cover?

kool wheels that's for sure and that box art is great.

oh one more thing: looks like there are 2 steering wheels next to each other in that one photo...whats with that? but then there is a special steering wheel for this particular issue, on the last sprue?

alright thanks for the pics and that's another one in the basket at hlj if they got em!

that's pretty sweet, got a couple questions though:

open hood, but no engine? is there another issue of this car with engine detail that could be swapped under this body? do you think eventually there might be? and what is that plate kinda thing in the area the hood will fit into? is it just scrap plastic or is it some sort of body panel or maybe engine cover?

That is just there as part of the molding process, it needs to removed and is just scrap plastic , now I believe that the tooling for this kit is the same from previous S13 kits, and yes, there is one S13 that does include top side engine detail, so you could kit bash with this kit , I am going to say no that it will be issued with engine detail.

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS04683/Aut

kool wheels that's for sure and that box art is great.

oh one more thing: looks like there are 2 steering wheels next to each other in that one photo...whats with that? but then there is a special steering wheel for this particular issue, on the last sprue?

The two steering wheels would be that this tooling is used with other S13 kits, I guess, see my first answer :lol: , the steering wheel that is on the parts tree in the last pic is the one that will be used with this kit

alright thanks for the pics and that's another one in the basket at hlj if they got em!

Even if it listed as out of stock, or backorder, you can still order it

There is no engine The hood opens though. I have an Aoshima RB26 "top-half" engine going into mine.

Its the same body tooling I believe as the version that has an engine, so that is why this kit with/out engine has the opening hood

Edited by martinfan5

just got my notification that HLJ has these in stock and I have one in my personal warehouse (great idea by the way). I also found that I have the other version with the engine detail so I might do something kool with this one, I like the look of the box art.

I guess the separated hood is there for easier detailing - like painting it flat black or dressing it up in carbon fiber decals. Or rusting it out, in my case... :D

I'm a rat-rod fan, but Silvias have always been some of the sexiest Japanese cars in my eyes. I like this kit and might even be buying it one day... ;)

• 2 weeks later...