Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Merc Kruiser

RodBurNeR

Here it is! This is as done as i wanted it to be and i am happy!

1964MercuryMarauder10-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

1964MercuryMarauder4-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

1964MercuryMarauder5-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

1964MercuryMarauder8-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

1964MercuryMarauder9-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

Absolutely beautiful. Nice work.

thank you very much!

Kool plus . . . lots of class too!!!

11.gif

thanks , saying it has class makes me feel righteous! :-)

Great work, love the blue and white!

thank you!

Very nice! I especially like the paint. What did you use?

thank you! i used Dupli Color "Medium Quasar", as you can see it has metal flake in it...just right size too!

thank you very much!

thanks , saying it has class makes me feel righteous! :-)

thank you!

thank you! i used Dupli Color "Medium Quasar", as you can see it has metal flake in it...just right size too!

Wow Fantastic Job Color,Stance, and All B) Btw, where did you come across the Astro Supreme Wheel & Tire Combo?? Been wanting some for a few projects!!!

Wow Fantastic Job Color,Stance, and All B) Btw, where did you come across the Astro Supreme Wheel & Tire Combo?? Been wanting some for a few projects!!!

thank you Rob! The wheels were given to me, because i was on the hunt and asked club members if anyone had any. I guess they come in the "cruisin usa" corvette and the re-issues afterwards of that year from AMT. They are also in the Model King re-issue kit "RAT PACKER" '65 Nova II kit as the rear wheels...would have to bash two kits for a set of 4.

The tires are the same white walls that comes in the Customizing kits by Barris. They are not Firestones though...just blank whitewalls.

thank you Rob! The wheels were given to me, because i was on the hunt and asked club members if anyone had any. I guess they come in the "cruisin usa" corvette and the re-issues afterwards of that year from AMT. They are also in the Model King re-issue kit "RAT PACKER" '65 Nova II kit as the rear wheels...would have to bash two kits for a set of 4.

The tires are the same white walls that comes in the Customizing kits by Barris. They are not Firestones though...just blank whitewalls.

NP Bob, Thanks for the Info B) Rat Packer will be my best bet since it's easier to come by, then I can try my hand at casting some. Kind of remember some being in the reissue of Amt's '69 Chevelle or their '69 W30 Cutlass back when I picked them up in the 1990's.

For me, Inverted Astro's always add Style to any Muscle/Kustom/Low Rider, as opposed to the other typical choices.

NP Bob, Thanks for the Info B) Rat Packer will be my best bet since it's easier to come by, then I can try my hand at casting some. Kind of remember some being in the reissue of Amt's '69 Chevelle or their '69 W30 Cutlass back when I picked them up in the 1990's.

For me, Inverted Astro's always add Style to any Muscle/Kustom/Low Rider, as opposed to the other typical choices.

yep the 69 olds has them, but they have a lip on them that sticks out past the tire, so if you can find the rat packer or corvette...there are more kits with them, just can't think of them right now. good luck and thanks again!

• 1 month later...