Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 340 Competizione FINAL PICS UP.....Getting casted!

Kennyboy

I think he's talking of the angle of the fin at the back edge of the quarter panels. The Vette angles are more straight up and down, where-as the Competizone is laid down a touch more. Just a hunch!!

Oh ok, still have another round of filling/ shaping to do. The next round will get more of the body look down pat.

I will be adding the side body line below the beltline that goes up to the front fender vents, the side scoops before the rear wheels, and the trunk area shaping (which will include the taillight part of the quarters.)

Thank you Bill and Ira both! :D

Today I made some good progress on the front end, decided (with some coaxing) to extend the hood farther forward toward the front + with some help I was able to get the roundness to the front grille area that was very much needed. Now the work begins to add on to the hood to fill the hole that was made........ :unsure::mellow:

I think he's talking of the angle of the fin at the back edge of the quarter panels. The Vette angles are more straight up and down, where-as the Competizone is laid down a touch more. Just a hunch!!

Yup that's exactly what i was trying to say. but besides that looks great man.

Yup that's exactly what i was trying to say. but besides that looks great man.

Ah ok Zee, I am about to start filling and shaping with Bondo filler, when I do this step I will be adding more to the areas that need it. That area is definitely on my radar. ;)

Thanks! :)

Real nice body work Ken, very impressive...

Hey thanks Carl!

Should have some new pics later today. Been fine tuning the front end and just finished making a new hood out of Evergreen, was going to just add the front to the old hood but that would leave a seam. So I just cut a new one and heated it to the proper bend and added the old scoop. The new hood is a full 5/8" longer in the front. Just need to make the new support ledge for the hood to sit on in the front.

Made a big difference in the looks department! :)

Edited by Kennyboy

Kerry I'd say it worked out pretty good for the first time with a lighter to plastic :unsure:

This weekend's progress with some wheel mockups:

P1020322_zps44280f9a.jpg

P1020331_zpsddf19714.jpg

P1020332_zpsf8dfb528.jpg

P1020330_zps5e2fee01.jpg

P1020329_zps9cf37f78.jpg

Next will be making the side body lines and side scoops, then to the Bondo stage!

Edited by Kennyboy