Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 340 Competizione FINAL PICS UP.....Getting casted!

Kennyboy

Still watching- Still amazed!

David G.

Thanks David for following! :)

Decided for the interior I am going to use a combo of Testarossa and Enzo. The Testarossa interior tub fits like it was made for this build, while the Enzo seats are just a perfect fit. Interior will be Black with Red accents and carbon fiber seatbacks with a planned chrome rollbar behind the seats.

Also, the Enzo engine got it's individual tube header exhaust today (solder for all the primary tubes.....12 tubes! :blink: ) and the mid-engine transmission was removed in favor of a custom rear wheel drive version that I put together.

Did someone say pics? :lol:

This weekend's progress was mostly mockups for the chassis/interior portion of the build.

The plus was I made a new firewall out of the Enzo firewall that strengthened the body immensely and will be "one" with the body when it is casted in resin.

Here are a few pics of updates:

P1020266_zps7e8b3cfe.jpg

P1020267_zps8b6e1026.jpg

P1020263_zpsad843b35.jpg

P1020262_zps6d6ae416.jpg

P1020265_zpsf170d657.jpg

Hate to say it but the upper grille needs a bit more upward rounding!!! Not that I was being picky or anything!!! LMAO

It's looking awesome Ken!!!!! You build some nice s$@#!!!!!!!!!

No problem Kerry, I appreciate the ideas. Thanks! :)

Angles...and curves and tangents...oh my! You're definitely homing in on it.

:) Thanks Johann!

Hate to say it but the upper grille needs a bit more upward rounding!!! Not that I was being picky or anything!!! LMAO

It's looking awesome Ken!!!!! You build some nice s$@#!!!!!!!!!

did you forget to mention that the hood extends farther forward (closer to the grille) on the 1:1 than is currently replicated? nevermind, it looks fantastic to me already. :)

did you forget to mention that the hood extends farther forward (closer to the grille) on the 1:1 than is currently replicated? nevermind, it looks fantastic to me already. :)

:huh::blink: Never even noticed that one Mike!

Been so busy trying to shape the front out of what I had to work with I did not stop to look at the small details yet......darn it.

:huh::blink: Never even noticed that one Mike!

Been so busy trying to shape the front out of what I had to work with I did not stop to look at the small details yet......darn it.

I notice a lot of small details, I usually don't point them out lately due to not wanting to hinder the process.

If you like I can PM you the things I see rather than start a flame war in your threads. I'm not picking on your work (which is great...you have an excellent eye for coaxing masterpieces out of plastic bits) but sometimes things get missed while your focus is on other things.

I notice a lot of small details, I usually don't point them out lately due to not wanting to hinder the process.

If you like I can PM you the things I see rather than start a flame war in your threads. I'm not picking on your work (which is great...you have an excellent eye for coaxing masterpieces out of plastic bits) but sometimes things get missed while your focus is on other things.

You can PM me Mike. I would like to address as much as possible due to it going to resin soon. Thanks! :)

DOOOHHHH!!!!!!! Man that's it, I need new glasses. My mind has been on eye candy overload watching this build that the small details are eluding me.......Oh the humanity!!!!!! Ok, deep breath!!!! :D:lol::D:lol: Ok, I'm currently and medically NuTs!!!!!!

Nah, but seriously I did miss that one Mike!!! LOL

I hear that, like on the other post. I got so wrapped up in that I miss the small details. Great eye Mike!!!!!!!

Ok, today's progress included:

• making the front grille area bigger at the top and blending it in (needs sanding yet but you get the idea)
  • sanding and smoothing of the whole body (getting it ready for bondo which will be the next round of filling)
  • got the front lower valance completed (shapewise needs a little fine tuning but the general idea is there.)

P1020283_zps84393df9.jpg

P1020280_zpsa1865079.jpg

P1020278_zpsfcc3610b.jpg

Hey kenny B. i hear revell is going to release this kit in the spring of next year.

:)

It looks great. Keep it up. You have no danger of them beating you to the finish line and their roof will be 2 inches to low

Wow Gary! I did not know that they were going to have this car.

This should be available by Jimmy prior to that. :D

Thanks for the support!!

I was just kidding. That is the thing that would happen to me if i would scratch build a car. One of the companys would stamp out millions of them

:lol: Boy you really had me going on that one Gary! I had just got out of work for the night so I was pretty tired.

You could have probably sold me some land with an ocean view in Colorado. :huh:

:lol: Boy you really had me going on that one Gary! I had just got out of work for the night so I was pretty tired.

You could have probably sold me some land with an ocean view in Colorado. :huh:

Hey I got some of that if you're REALLY interested in it... If ya squint REEeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllyyyyy hard ya can see it!!!!!!