Model Cars Magazine Forum

How to books

John, not trying to sound like a know it all, ( Some here do ) . look, go down to Tips and Tricks at the bottom of the board . I bet MOST if not all of you're questions will have already been covered in that Topic portion of the board . As for a How To book on building models that really is "Current ", uh not really . look, save the 35.00 and use that money to buy supplies at a hobby store . Besides , just wat concerns about model building do you have . You can use the P- M feature , I usually have decent answers too !

There have indeed been several books (glorified thiker magazines) over the years, and if you are like me, I like that resource material at hand...BUT...that being said, it really does depend on what you are looknig to accomplish. Basic building, weathering, dioramas, rusting, better paint etc, these are ALL subjects that have had books written specifically to them, and many more. (I happen to have three of the above sitting here on my desk at work that I brought in to go over again after many years of having not read them) Just look online and you can surf and find sources to buy them, amazon, ebay, etc.

I must agree, this forum and others like it, and the builders that frequent them, can be a valuable resource. Also, check out Youtube, you can often get great tips there as well.

If you had a question about something, post the question and you'll get a bunch of good results. A lot of the books out there are older publications with a spattering of some new. If you have a local libray you could search there for some of the older ones to get a basic idea as a lot of the tips from back then are still usable and can be honed to suit your needs.

Hopefully this will help a little. Good luck on your search!!!!